2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

1 minute ago, Meacon said:

You guys callin' even stevens on a rivalry game? You can't call even stevens on a rivalry game!

I wouldn't call even stevens anyway because it gave us Shia LaBouf!

1 hour ago, Lint said:

Considering they just didn't call a facemask on Dallas, lets call it even

Talk to me when the Eagles have gone 6 straight games without their opponents being called for offensive holding.

Really not sure how that TD stood...really wish they explained that

2 hours ago, Busch E said:

14 of the last 16 Super Bowls have been quarterbacked on the AFC side by either Brady, Manning, or Roethlisberger.

Is there really any chance that doesn't turn into 15 of 17?  The AFC seems absolutely horrid outside of the Pats and Steelers.  The first round of the AFC playoffs might not even be watchable.

I mean the Jags are an upset special squad with that defense, but whoever gets through will have to beat both the Pats and Steelers and I can't see it happening. Titans have a lot of holes, Chiefs have cooled off considerably, Bills/Ravens/Raiders/Dolphins are all not that good. 

NFC is just loaded though. 6 playoff spots is not enough for all the teams that deserve to make the playoffs from there.

As a Eagles fan, I'm kicking myself for not liking the Wentz pick.  It wasn't so much that I hated it.  I just didn't know who Carson Wentz was and, aside from a few games last season, he didn't do much to inspire the "franchise QB of the future" thinking behind him.

I'm happy to admit I was wrong.  

6 hours ago, Lint said:

As a Eagles fan, I'm kicking myself for not liking the Wentz pick.  It wasn't so much that I hated it.  I just didn't know who Carson Wentz was and, aside from a few games last season, he didn't do much to inspire the "franchise QB of the future" thinking behind him.

I'm happy to admit I was wrong.  

I thought it was a big risk since he wasn't playing against top flight defenses in the FCS. But as is often the case, guys who win a lot in college translate into winning a lot in the pros. Also he was class valedictorian in high school. All of those qualities that go into someone having the head to make it work, and then he obviously has the arm and physical strength to do it as well.

3 hours ago, Busch E said:

Terry Glenn was killed in a car accident in Irving this morning.  He was only 43.  Shit.  :(

Yeah I was sad to see that. As someone who is not a fan of any of the teams he played for, I still thought he was supremely underrated. 

On 11/20/2017 at 11:17, damshow said:

I thought it was a big risk since he wasn't playing against top flight defenses in the FCS. But as is often the case, guys who win a lot in college translate into winning a lot in the pros. Also he was class valedictorian in high school. All of those qualities that go into someone having the head to make it work, and then he obviously has the arm and physical strength to do it as well.

Yeah he's been good for us, I think the surrounding talent means he can just serve as a run blocker which really helps both him and the team.

Also, I won a football signed by Marcell himself! 

CE5rs4O.png

• Like 4

Also this first game is essentially a Notre Dame all-star game:

Theo Riddick, TJ Jones, and Golden Tate on Detroit, while Minnesota has Kyle Rudolph and Harrison Smith (do they still have John Sullivan? him too if so).  Oh yeah and Michael Floyd. Forgot he's on Minnesota now too.