2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

19 minutes ago, Meacon said:

We were destined to lose any game started by Paxton fucking Lynch. Seimian almost made it a game though!

I mean, if rather beat you than lose, but if it would have finished off Downing...

Aqib Talib is a jackass, tho. I don't condone some of the shit being said, but he's still a fuck.

21 hours ago, Meacon said:

Wicked case of the Andy Reid. It’s when you look dominant early in the season but fizzle later on.

The Cowboys have been sick with a case of Andy Reid in each of the last 3 games. What's the cure? Asking for a friend. 

Honestly, how does a team look somewhat competent for one half and just shit the bed entirely for the next half for 3 games straight?

The Cowboys' O-line is pretty bad right now, and that definitely needs shoring up. That's part of their problem (but not all of it) on offense.

They also could use a change in head coach. But there's not really one available that I could see as a good replacement.

The next time those two get in a fight, they should suspend both for 8 games then add a rule for when their teams play each other: The team that loses the coin toss gets to decide which half each player plays, with the one not playing only allowed to watch via locker toom tv.

D-Mac had a pretty decent pro career, but I'll never forget him as part of Houston Nutt's Razorbacks team. I think he could have done a lot more had he not been a Raider, but still, all things considered? Dude was a solid, solid player.

Today is the lowest point in my 20+ years of being a Giants fan.

This season was not Eli Manning's fault. I'm not saying he played well - virtually nobody on the team has. It was clearly time to draft his successor next year and plan 2018 around moving on to the next chapter of Giants history.

But to take a 2-time Super Bowl MVP who has set every passing record for the teamand has a crazy long Iron Man streak, and bench him in favor of GENO SMITH is just a disgrace. What is the team expecting to learn from watching Smith throw to receivers who would struggle to make most NFL rosters? I'd be saying the same thing if they had decided to start Davis Webb.

Eli, to his credit, was offered the chance to start and then get benched in the second half and he declined because he didn't want to cheapen the streak. He did the classy thing as he always does. It's just a shame the organization decided to show anything but class to Eli in this dumpster fire of a season. He deserved to finish this season on his own terms.