2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

On 11/6/2017 at 19:58, The Chiksrara Special said:

Brett Hundley 

That should calm your nerves :P 

Why u do dis?

We'll always have Troy Aikman, I guess...

On 11/7/2017 at 17:26, Buschy Heenan said:

I look forward to another team saying Kaepernick hasn't played in too long and then signing Marques Tuiasosopo out of retirement.

Marques Tuiasasopo was legit in college. Dude had a game with like 300 yards passing and 200 rushing or something stupid like that. One of my favorite non-UCLA Pac10/12 players.

He definitely is. The point is that the entire domestic violence issue is shaky/shady, because witnesses who have no vested interest have stated that the ex-girlfriend said she was doing it to hurt him, lied and even asked one of the witnesses to lie. Elliott should go after his ex and sue her in court, if possible. Then once the whole thing is proven to be bullshit, both Elliott and the Cowboys should be able to sue the hell out of Goodell. And make him stepping down one of the conditions for a settlement. (They'd have him by the balls, regardless.)

But I can't see how they can make up for it, other than paying Elliott's salary for the games he's suspended for out of the league's pocket. Because making up for it by suspending the starting running backs for the teams he sits against next season when the Cowboys play them would just be another wrong.

Fuck Goodell. The son of a bitch can't go away soon enough.

*edited to add* And lets not forget that other players accused of the same thing with more substantial proof (including some who have pleaded guilty) have received lesser suspensions than Elliott. Yeah, Goodell can eat shit and die.

Edited by GhostMachine

I'm an Eagles fan, and I vehemently think the Zeke suspension is bullshit. I haven't heard a single Eagles fan I know say they agree with it (I don't count anything I read on social media as fans, but I'm sure there are clowns on there agreeing with it).

That should tell you something about how fucked up it is when even rival fans say it's fucked up

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pooker said:

Wasn't it the Giants kicker who admired to beating his wife multiple times and only got suspended for one game? That's what gets me. There's no consistency or reason to the NFL's suspensions.

Yea, he was suspended...while a free agent.  He's not on a team and the suspension only kicks in if he gets signed by someone

18 hours ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

I'm an Eagles fan, and I vehemently think the Zeke suspension is bullshit. I haven't heard a single Eagles fan I know say they agree with it (I don't count anything I read on social media as fans, but I'm sure there are clowns on there agreeing with it).

That should tell you something about how fucked up it is when even rival fans say it's fucked up

I can tell you there are die hard Eagles fans I work with who are happy he is suspended because they hate Dallas and are happy it guarantees them the division. They are too blind to the truth and want to see him harmed because FUCK DALLAS is their mentality. 

I got some who see the truth but some are blinded from fandom which cant be helped sadly. And of all of them I cant find a single person who can give me a solid reason why he should be suspended

He shouldn't be suspended but it's not very surprising. The NFL seems to be doing a lot of things out of fear of getting egg on their face again like with Ray Rice so they figure they might as well "shoot first and ask questions later" so to speak. It's all BS PR posturing so they can continue the status quo without really addressing the issue. 

• Like 1