Football Manager 2018

Lineker

Another funny thing that I've seen happening is when I sell a player I have loaned out, let's say, to a team 2 divisions below, and then try to talk to him, for some reason I have the option to ask him if he'd want to be loaned out again to the same club (obviously this makes no sense because he was sold and will be part of their squad the following season anyway) and he tells me he wouldn't want to come back to play for US because he feels it would be bad to go back to a weaker club like us.

I understand this is a problem with the game engine that just can't handle the fact the player is going to be playing for the exact same team once the loan period is over (probably expecting him to go back to the club he's contracted to), but still, it's funny to see these guys all happy playing with semi-pros and believing it's a step back to play the Europa League.

Two Red Bull teams in the same group? Shenanigans.

Also, how the fuck do you defend crosses on this game? Every fucking goal I concede is the exact same goal, a cross and a near post finish, and no matter what I do in team and player instructions nothing changes to stop it. Can't keep a clean sheet to save my life on this game unless I'm like the best team in the world or something. It's pissing me off.

Sane isn't the problem, the problem is your #19 starting out in the full back position and then consistently pushing forwards to mark Mendy when Man City are attacking, leaving Bernardo Silva completely free at the back post. Your #3 does the same thing on the opposite flank too, which gives Sane the channel to run into and your back line, I literally can't tell if you're playing a flat back four or a back three, they're all over the shop.

I'm going to assume it's because you're closing down far too much and it's destroying your defensive shape.

Hm, I do have them set to close down more but I never go the full way with it cause it actively mentions that it can negatively effect team shape. 

I did quite enjoy the sight of about five of my players chasing Sane and just ignoring Aguero for that first goal. Sort of.

zlatan.png

2 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

Hm, I do have them set to close down more but I never go the full way with it cause it actively mentions that it can negatively effect team shape. 

I did quite enjoy the sight of about five of my players chasing Sane and just ignoring Aguero for that first goal. Sort of.

What roles and player instructions are you using? I'm baffled as to why your left full-back keeps man-marking the opposition right-back like his life depends on it. Look at 0:21, that's a Man City goal kick hoofed into your half and he's literally sprinting in the opposite direction of the play and past Silva to go and mark him. Have you set him to man mark a specific player?