Football Manager 2018

Lineker

12 minutes ago, MexicoJack said:

It became a feature of my United saves to sign at least one player with 6 months left on their contract to give me a season or two. Chellini, Robben, Xabi Alonso, etc etc.

See, that's reasonable. I usually get half a dozen every 6 months and then I end up with a few players who aren't good enough and have to loan them out until I'm finally able to sell them. Actually, I stopped doing that, but only recently. I still get 2 or 3 every January though.

22 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

So, £105m + his signing on fee and wages. 

Bargain.

when you put it like that, i guess it is, but f**k am i happy about paying that to a agent, ill have a rethink lol

4 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

This is definitely the best regen I have ever had come through on any FM:

MattPopr.PNG

Practically ready for first-team football at 15 years-old. Will get Tobes tutoring him to fix that determination pronto. 

15 y/o! I'd sign him. Don't count on his determination to change much though. Determination flair and natural fitness are innate stats. They don't change much.

We drew 2-2 with Benin and Egypt, as expected, slaughtered Madagascar. So we failed to qualify for the next round of the World Cup qualifying so I resigned the very next day. It's September 2017, which means the MLS season will be ending soon. Maybe I'll try to get a job in that league again after getting laughed off by Sporting Kansas City back in 2015. 

2 hours ago, Meacxico said:

We drew 2-2 with Benin and Egypt, as expected, slaughtered Madagascar. So we failed to qualify for the next round of the World Cup qualifying so I resigned the very next day. It's September 2017, which means the MLS season will be ending soon. Maybe I'll try to get a job in that league again after getting laughed off by Sporting Kansas City back in 2015. 

As someone who is very used to the English league set up, how difficult is it to make sense of the MLS set-up?

Once you get used to it though it's so rewarding. It's basically like a different game within FM and very tactical!

Had a 20 year Toronto game in FM12 that was my favourite game ever. Revamped the Canadian team by accident due to all the South American's I unearthed and naturalised as Canadian citizens!

• Like 3

I have attempted it once, but got overwhelmed a bit. They have a good guide on the Higher Tempo Press website here. I'll need to have a proper read through before venturing into MLs again though.

Correct me if I am mistaken, but there are no relegation's in the States? If so, I suppose that means theoretically, you don't need to play ultra defensive football even if you're a poorer side because hey, what have you got to lose?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I have attempted it once, but got overwhelmed a bit. They have a good guide on the Higher Tempo Press website here. I'll need to have a proper read through before venturing into MLs again though.

Correct me if I am mistaken, but there are no relegation's in the States? If so, I suppose that means theoretically, you don't need to play ultra defensive football even if you're a poorer side because hey, what have you got to lose?

There isn't. But it's a good idea to not be so bad that you'd be losing money every year otherwise you'll be out of the league. It's a business after all.

Obviously in fm it doesn't matter that much since there are no expansions or disbanded franchises.

54 minutes ago, TCO said:

Once you get used to it though it's so rewarding. It's basically like a different game within FM and very tactical!

Had a 20 year Toronto game in FM12 that was my favourite game ever. Revamped the Canadian team by accident due to all the South American's I unearthed and naturalised as Canadian citizens!

A similar thing happened to me before when I was playing the San Marino league (I had an XML that activated every league in the game so you could choose it).

I had a bunch of players who were not good enough for their national teams but were definitely better than anyone in San Marino and after 5 seasons they all started being called for the NT. :D

Edited by Malenko

1 minute ago, Malenko said:

A similar thing happened to me before when I was playing the San Marino league (I had an XML that activated every league in the game so you could choose it).

I had a bunch of players who were not good enough for their national teams but where definitely better than anyone in San Marino and after 5 seasons they all started being called for the NT. :D

It's great when that happens, feels like you're properly shaping your own little football world. I often refused to sell players until they got their 5 year Canadian citizenship

One of my Brazillian lads Arthur Maia who became a Canadian legend passed away in the Chapecoense crash though and it genuinely ruined my day. Couldn't go back to the game now :(

20 minutes ago, TCO said:

It's great when that happens, feels like you're properly shaping your own little football world. I often refused to sell players until they got their 5 year Canadian citizenship

One of my Brazillian lads Arthur Maia who became a Canadian legend passed away in the Chapecoense crash though and it genuinely ruined my day. Couldn't go back to the game now :(

Funny when you play lower/terrible league careers where most people you sign are nobodies but then you actually see them a few years later in a random Europa League group stage match and you feel like you know them and how they play but you've never actually seen them play before.

R.I.P. Arthur Maia. :(

• Like 1