Football Manager 2018

Lineker

40 minutes ago, MexicoJack said:

image.png

Biggest ever win in the competition proper.

What are Abouchabaka's attributes like on your game? If I recall, I really didn't like his mental's and it put me off playing him on the flanks. 

20 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

What are Abouchabaka's attributes like on your game? If I recall, I really didn't like his mental's and it put me off playing him on the flanks. 

He's actually looking a really good prospect on mine. Hoping to get him more game time this season.

I won L2 with Oxford. :D 

I signed on for another year to give L1 a go. I'm super cheap, so I haven't really spent much and am still going the loan route with guys from Liverpool. I let a lot of the dead weight go, along with a few key players from last year's squad that wanted just waaaaaaaay too much money to sign new contracts. I keep trying to sell the guys that have value, but no one wants them. :(

I don't really know many players outside of the bigger names, and keep in mind this is FM15, so it's now July 2016, but here's some of my team:

Defenders: John Ashton, Jake Wright, Lloyd Jones (loan from Liverpool), Rafa Paez (loan from Liverpool), Jonathan Meades

Middies: Danny Rose, Josh Ruffels, Alex MacDonald, Jordan Lussey (loan from Liverpool), Bruno Andrade, Callum O'Dowda, Danny Hylton, Cristian Ceballos

Strikers: Patrick Hoban, Ross Dyer, Will Hoskins

Keeper: Ryan Clarke

Hoskins was my high scorer for the season, but Alex MacDonald finished runner-up in the League Player of the Year award. Paez and Wright are my best defenders, though Jones started to do well when I finally remembered to put him in the line-up (after getting told off by Liverpool for never playing him). I'm searching for a good, incredibly cheap defender to help sure up the back line. I had Adam Dugdale on the team last year, because he was tall and good at heading (something my other defenders aren't that great at), but there's no way he's good enough to move up with us. So finding a tall headmaster (hello, OOC thread!) is my mission. 

Also I had Joe Skarz on my team, and he demanded for months that I sell him and that he'd cause a fuss if I didn't. So I sold him for like $75k, not bad, and my fans flipped shit on me. If only you knew of his threats, fans. If only you knew. :(

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

2 minutes ago, Jerazil said:

He's actually looking a really good prospect on mine. Hoping to get him more game time this season.

Spoiler

image.png

He's superb, but definitely needs more game time for me. I use him at left wing but I'm overloaded in that position, especially including the youth players I've signed, so it's probably time for Forsberg to depart if I want to give Abouchabaka more game time.

On 01/12/2016 at 19:39, iAmRockyFeller said:

My current first XI

a2cb5a34b29d7f8183def03112499ce9.png

I'm thinking about bringing this back and incorporating it into my current game. I have the right players for the positions and it'll give me another option for an attacking formation over my regular 4-4-2.

Is it better to maintain tactical consistency or adapt them on a match by match basis?

EDIT - Also player strengths. Obviously the stronger they are in a role/duty the better, but they don't always match up with my assistant's recommendations.

Edited by Naitch

So, here are the World Cup 2022 groups in my game (my starting right back got injured just before the WC :( )

Group A: Croatia, Honduras, Qatar, Uruguay

Group B: Cameroon, Germany, Japan (us), Poland

Group C Chile, Mexico, Portugal, Spain

Group D : Italy, Paraguay, Sweden, USA

Group E: England, Montenegro, Saudi Arabia, South Africa

Group F: France, Ghana, Holland, Jordan

Group G: Austria, Bahrain, Brazil, Morocco

Group H: Angola, Argentina, Belgium, Kuwait

Some weird groups (Also, Angola instead of Nigeria in that last group. Let's pretend I had nothing to do with that)

Meanwhile, I have this norwegian player on my team who barely shows up. He's absent from training all the time. Since I don't care about him, wasn't able to sell him and he's got 6 months left on his contract, I decided to fine him two weeks wages. He got upset, and a week later failed to show up once again. I fined him again. Two more weeks. He told me it was unfair but that didn't stop him from missing training again and being fined, yet again.

I don't know if he ever shows up anymore, but I've probably fined him like 8 weeks' wages in December. Bitch better have my money.

After this is over, I'll be starting my 10th season, which is the most I've gone on any save since CM 01/02.

18 minutes ago, Naitch said:

Is it better to maintain tactical consistency or adapt them on a match by match basis?

EDIT - Also player strengths. Obviously the stronger they are in a role/duty the better, but they don't always match up with my assistant's recommendations.

I don't think you should be changing all the time, but don't just use the same formation the whole season. I find using a formation often enough helps a lot after a few games, but if you never change it gets stale and your performance will drop afterwards.

we all know injuries are bad on FM18, but my left winger, Lingard gets injured so i sub him for Alexis Sanchez, who gets injured, so i move Fekir out to the left, and guess what happens.....all in the same match 🙄

• Haha 1