Football Manager 2018

Lineker

16 minutes ago, mattu29 said:

we all know injuries are bad on FM18, but my left winger, Lingard gets injured so i sub him for Alexis Sanchez, who gets injured, so i move Fekir out to the left, and guess what happens.....all in the same match 🙄

Beautiful.

55 minutes ago, Malenko said:

Sign their right back.

i wish i was lying, but guess what happened to their RB before my stretch of injuries, then happened to his replacement 😂 that wing mustve been cursed!

edit: added the pic below

JIf4IqV.png

Edited by mattu29
  • Haha 1

Mixed bag transfer window so far.

Keita out, as pre-agreed. Wilshere and the new youth centre back in. Lovely stuff to start off.

Kevin Kampl beat Sabitzer out the door by announcing he wanted to join Man City, we agreed he could leave for 34m, a fee which he left for, but to Monaco instead. I said he's welcome back any time and he told me he's never coming back whilst I'm manager. So he's now dead to me.

Sabitzer and Forsberg both then saw that I was letting people leave and announced they wanted out, but I convinced them to stay by saying we'd win more trophies this year. Could really do with Sabitzer staying since he's easily my best right winger unless I retrain Bruma/Abouchabaka to be better on the right. I've got plenty of cover if Forsberg desperately wants out.

Rangnick continued being efficient in all the wrong departments by signing Hector as a new left back, a day after I had the back up one agree a new contract. I don't want Halstenberg to leave and Hector is better than both of them, so now Masina is stuck here for the time being. Hopefully someone will just bid his release clause and it won't be my problem.

After I blocked him from buying another three strikers (seriously, Werner was second top scorer in the league last year and is by all accounts a worldie; Martinez has completely bossed it since he signed in January, Poulsen is a fantastic third option and Agustin won Golden Boy somehow so I kinda feel I have to keep him around, striker is literally the one position I''m covered in!) he moved on to right back, a position I actually need! First choice was Weiser who was all set to join and then Real Madrid swooped in. Now he's gone all in for Meunier, which could be an excellent pick up if I can pull it off. It's all in place, just need him to not go somewhere else at the last second :shifty:

One thing he has surprised me with is blagging Renato Sanches on loan, which gives me another very capable option in midfield. I'm half hoping I can bribe him here permanently next season.

A load of random fringe players who were out on loan last season have been offloaded so that's balanced the wage bill a bit given the amount of new contracts I've had to hand out.

There's a random Scandanavian youth I've had since the start I've got my eye on too. Noah Jean Holm has, whilst playing for the U19s as a 16 year old, scored over 50 goals as the youth side romped their way to the title as well. He doesn't even look that remarkable but if he's half as good for the senior squad I've got a real selection headache striker-wise.

• Like 1

Great start. Germany beat us 3-0 in our first world cup game. We were never getting a point out of that so in order to go through, W's against Poland and Cameroon would be nice but probably won't happen. Poland beat Cameroon 1-0 in their opener.

Meanwhile the match between Pep Guardiola's Portugal and Spain ended 2-2. Chile beat Mexico 2-0 which probably means Mexico won't go through.

Mourinho's USA also got a draw (1-1) out of their first match, Paraguay being their opponents, while Italy came from 2-0 down scoring their third in the final 5 minutes of the match, only for Sweden to get a late equalizer the 93rd minute!

Group A was boring and predictable. Uruguay beat Qatar 3-0 while Croatia beat Honduras 2-0.

I don't really know why I'm finding this entertaining. I didn't even pay attention to WC 2018 in the game. Wouldn't be able to tell you who won.

13 hours ago, mattu29 said:

i wish i was lying, but guess what happened to their RB before my stretch of injuries, then happened to his replacement 😂 that wing mustve been cursed!

edit: added the pic below

JIf4IqV.png

This did lead me to giving Angel Gomes his debut, not only did he start but he scored aswell 😁

1 hour ago, mattu29 said:

Angel Gomes

Him and Manny Angryman (my regen) are killing it. It took him two full seasons to get in the team but now he is quality.

2 hours ago, MDK said:

Him and Manny Angryman (my regen) are killing it. It took him two full seasons to get in the team but now he is quality.

u got a screenshot of gomes so i can see what he could become under a decent manager 😂

1 hour ago, mattu29 said:

u got a screenshot of gomes so i can see what he could become under a decent manager 😂

B315EAB87A5B97BCB5510F277579A0D16FC1FBF4

1 hour ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

I'm assuming it's the previously mentioned regen Emmanuel Agyemang. Who's picture was of a white guy I believe as well.

He is half English and half Ghanaian you racist. Born in Accra.

Liverpool1-5Spurs.JPG

Love a result like this. Especially when the man who turned me down in the summer Alfie Mawson scores a delightful own goal. 

Even moreso when I see Liverpool languishing in 7th, 6 points off the top 4 whilst also getting dumped out of the Champion's League into the Europa League with me, and earning  £40,000 less a week than he would have with me. Not bitter at all. I signed Dayot Upamecano instead, so life is great.

• Like 1

I managed a 2-2 draw against Liverpool in our now yearly "affiliate match". I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure they were playing all their chumps against us.

My team consists of five Liverpool loans (4 of which can only suit up at a time, apparently) and a Wigan striker who has two goals in our first three league matches.

We were predicted to be in a relegation battle at the start of the season, but we won our first two games (in which we were underdogs) and got a draw in match #3, so I don't know how that is measured. I'm just waiting for a run of eight or ten straight matches where we shit the bed to prove the predictors right. <_< 

2 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Liverpool1-5Spurs.JPG

Love a result like this. Especially when the man who turned me down in the summer Alfie Mawson scores a delightful own goal. 

Even moreso when I see Liverpool languishing in 7th, 6 points off the top 4 whilst also getting dumped out of the Champion's League into the Europa League with me, and earning  £40,000 less a week than he would have with me. Not bitter at all. I signed Dayot Upamecano instead, so life is great.

😂 love this!

On 24/07/2018 at 13:23, Liam Mk2 said:

Then it was FC Zurich of Switzerland, in which I had a comfortable 2-0 win at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium (still annoys the shit out of me)

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/11450007/new-ground-to-be-known-as-tottenham-hotspur-stadium