2016 Rio Summer Olympics

That's something that's always turned me off sports whose results are determined by judges' decisions. I admire the skill involved and often enjoy the action itself, but there's something bothersome about a competition that can be decided on a "because we say so" basis.

1 minute ago, apsham said:

Evgeny Tishchenko, another Russian boxer won gold yesterday or so after a terrible fight that he in no way could've won in a sane system.

Against the Kazakh fella?

Just now, apsham said:

That one, yeah.

I missed the fight and someone suggested that he won because of amateur rules. If it was professional rules it would have been reversed. Dunno, not seen it. 

We now have the same number of more total medals as than China. Not bad for a country with 1/20th of their population.

Also if Kenny and Trott ever have a child then the poor boy/girl is going to have very exhausting weekend bike rides with their parents.

• Like 2

What a day, seven medals now I think? 50 overall, meaning we have surpassed our target of 48 from the games with days to spare, and somehow even have more total medals than the Chinese now. FOUR more Golds, to have that at any stage is mightily impressive but to have it in the last few days is amazing.

EDIT: Nope, not seven...make that NINE now. Golds for Jason Kenny, Laura Trott and Giles Scott, silver for Becky James and Jack Laugher, bronze for Kate Marchant, Amy Tinkler, Nile Wilson and now Josh Buatsi too. Unbelievable.