NBA 2017-2018 Season

Twist

10 hours ago, Meacon said:

We could regenerate the corpse of Red Auerbach and he couldn't do anything with this franchise at the moment. Hornacek is fine. I don't think he's the issue. But I honestly couldn't tell you what the hell the issue is anymore. 

Guess somebody thought Hornacek waa the issue, since they fired him last night.

Shitty way to end the season last night for the Jazz. Total repeat of last year too. Have a chance to get home court and get blown out instead. Thunder were the one team I did not want to see in the first round.

24 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Guess somebody thought Hornacek waa the issue, since they fired him last night.

Nobody worth their salt is going to want this job. The issue is up top, not the coach. I would've been fine seeing Horny go another year, because who the hell knows what crap the alternative is going to turn up. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pooker said:

As a player, I would say no. He still stands out and he's fourth in the league in scoring. But as for the Bucks, I think people were expecting them to finish higher then 7th in the east.

Yeah, pretty much. If they had finished higher I doubt there would be consideration of him having a disappointing year but since the team didn't follow suit, it ends up hurting him.

But once they fired Kidd the narrative shifted a bit. Any resulting disappointment could be waved off because they had an interim coach leading them. I think part of the issue is that Giannis developed a little quicker than people thought he would and so the expectations got raised before some of their other pieces were ready either by lack of development (Thon Maker) or coming back from injury (Jabari). That said, Brogdon and Dellevedova just came back so they haven't been at full strength all year so it will be interesting to see their dynamic in the playoffs. If nothing else, with a new coach and possibly new players in a new arena, next year is the year to be concerned about their future if they don't take the next step. 

So what's everybody's prediction for the Finals? I'm thinking the two number one seeds make it and we'll be watching Chris Paul and James Harden winning a championship together.

Well, I hope Chris Paul gets a ring. It's the first time I feel he can actually get it (beating the warriors once they are fully fit will be very tough but it's still possible, I think) and I wouldn't want him to retire without it. Both hornets and clippers were dreadful without him. These rockets aren't. He's not at his peak obviously but he doesn't need to be anymore and he's still good enough.

Also, looking forward to see how far the sixers go. Inexperience is often a factor, however I wouldn't be super surprised if they reached the conference finals. Celtics have too many injuries, Bucks seem beatable although they have some good players so you never know. I'm already assuming they won't have a hard time with Miami but who knows. Raptors and Cavs will face each other beforehand if both reach the conference semis. It seems very possible.

7 minutes ago, livid said:

Fuck Chris Paul. Anybody that punches people in the nuts as much as he does shouldn't be rooted for. 

And yet people still cheer for The Undertaker

24 minutes ago, Maxx said:

And yet people still cheer for The Undertaker

Yeah but he's dead so he can't feel anything down there anyways. I'm assuming Chris Paul isn't so I question how anybody can continually do it like him and not empathize enough to stop.

Edited by livid

On 4/12/2018 at 10:32, thatshortguy said:

Props to Minnesota for making the playoffs and giving the Hawks their first round pick.

That is literally the only highlight of our season in Atlanta.  Couldn't even tank correctly.

Could be the Pistons who missed the playoffs and are giving away their first round pick.

18 hours ago, Los Ingobernables De VP said:

Could be the Pistons who missed the playoffs and are giving away their first round pick.

Oof.  So much for that Blake trade.

That said, it turns out Atlanta also gets Houston's first round pick.  We'll have a lottery pick plus two more first rounders.  Trust the sped-up process, I guess.