Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

I'm really not seeing it as that bad, all I'm seeing is Luiz making a trademark hash of something in letting someone getting a clear run on goal. At that point a foul is going to deny a clear goalscoring opportunity, he's clearly not attempted a legitimate challenge on the ball, and he's taken out his man. Yes it's probably killed the game to an extent, but it's his error.

I can't understand how anyone thinks its correct to send anyone off because the attacker clipped his own leg into the defender. Its not about intent, sure because its not a foul, because Luiz didn't do anything. If the guy just ran on and scored I'd be furious at Luiz for not making any attempt to tackle him, how can anyone think he deserves sending off just because the attacker clipped his knee? Absolutely disgraceful red card.

It's ridiculous how much it's changed the game. The first half we were fantastic, could have been 3 nil up easy and were very comfortably in control. One bullshit call later and the entire team just goes heads down.

Lenos red card was hilarious though.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Kaney said:

I can't understand how anyone thinks its correct to send anyone off because the attacker clipped his own leg into the defender. Its not about intent, sure because its not a foul, because Luiz didn't do anything. If the guy just ran on and scored I'd be furious at Luiz for not making any attempt to tackle him, how can anyone think he deserves sending off just because the attacker clipped his knee? Absolutely disgraceful red card.

But that isn't what's happened though, you're almost suggesting the striker has left his leg there to initiate contact rather than running in on goal which he's doing. I don't see how you can possibly argue that Luiz hasn't impeded him.

It's clear to me that Luiz certainly didn't deserve a red card. The penalty was perhaps justified, as Luiz technically took out the last man while he was making an attempt on the goal, but Luiz in no way had any say in both of them going down.

Leno's incident was just baffling.

In other news, we won again!  Precious precious points!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Colly said:

But that isn't what's happened though, you're almost suggesting the striker has left his leg there to initiate contact rather than running in on goal which he's doing. I don't see how you can possibly argue that Luiz hasn't impeded him.

I cant see how it's his fault that the striker went down. He's fucked up with his positioning obviously but you're suggesting Luiz is at fault for sticking his knee further out on purpose to initiate contact. If they wanted to be adamant it's a penalty then fine, I can see contact was made whoevers at fault, but the red card as well is overboard.

2 minutes ago, Kaney said:

I cant see how it's his fault that the striker went down. He's fucked up with his positioning obviously but you're suggesting Luiz is at fault for sticking his knee further out on purpose to initiate contact. If they wanted to be adamant it's a penalty then fine, I can see contact was made whoevers at fault, but the red card as well is overboard.

I can genuinely understand the complaint that the red is harsh, even if it is in the letter of the law, but I'm  baffled that you can argue it's the strikers fault he goes down. He's on in goal and gets clipped, it doesn't matter at all whether it's cynical or clumsy, he's clearly impeded.

• Like 1

They've got it almost right in Holland, if the lines are touching the call on the field stands. If they amended that to if the line are touching it's onside I'd be very happy with it. You shouldn't be flagged off for "level".

• Like 1