Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

Right so technically Michael Oliver and VAR was correct not to send him off. That tackle would be serious foul play, so the offside supersedes it.

Had it been violent conduct, offside or not, it is a red card.

You can hate the rules, but not the officiating. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

You know a player can be sent off before the game and after the game etc. Can a player be sent off for an earlier indiscretion? He’s 100% picking a red up after this match as he didn’t get any action against him.

Not during the game, no. And I don't know if they changed it when VAR came in, but it used to be that retrospective action couldn't be taken if the referee at the time had seen and adjudged the incident in question. So if they looked at it with VAR and decided to take no action they might not be able to.

@MadJack I've not seen much of Olsen but I'd take anyone over Pickford's nonsense at this point. The defence cannot be confident having him behind them.

VVD going off and the stop in play as a result just threw Liverpool's momentum off for a while. Liverpool are ripping Everton apart in their half a lot of the time.

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

@MadJack I've not seen much of Olsen but I'd take anyone over Pickford's nonsense at this point. The defence cannot be confident having him behind them.

I think you'd very quickly go back to Pickford. Olsen isn't Adrian levels of bad - he's stealing a living right now - but he was signed by Roma as a replacement for Allison, big shoes to fill, and they very very quickly moved onto other options.

Certainly not a terrible keeper or anything, but definitely not able to replace Pickford long term.

1 minute ago, MadJack said:

I think you'd very quickly go back to Pickford. Olsen isn't Adrian levels of bad - he's stealing a living right now - but he was signed by Roma as a replacement for Allison, big shoes to fill, and they very very quickly moved onto other options.

Certainly not a terrible keeper or anything, but definitely not able to replace Pickford long term.

That's fine, I don't want him long term but in the short term, Pickford needs taking out of the firing line. I've said the same about Maguire, sometimes a refresher is needed especially with keepers.

• Like 1

Gomez has been shite since lockdown and the season resumed. 

Typical that Pickford has kept Everton in this considering he shouldn't even be on the pitch...