2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

43 minutes ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Yeah, they’ll have to survive the next couple years on the last multi-billion dollar deal they signed.

But they need money to pay players for a Pro Bowl nobody wants. 😕

Don Mulbach is back for his 18th season. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DFF said:

Don Mulbach is back for his 18th season. 

"Muhlbach has seen a few of coaches over the years too, from Steve Mariucci to Dick Jauron, Rod Marinelli, Jim Schwartz, Jim Caldwell, Patricia, Darrell Bevell and Robert Prince. That’s eight head coaches he’s played for, and Dan Campbell would make nine, all with the same team, which has to be some kind of record -- and this time it would be while playing for a guy he was teammates with from 2006-08."

Pretty wild. This writer has popularized the phrase Death, Taxes, and Don Mulbach. 

Giants had Kenny Golladay in for a visit today and have Adoree Jackson coming in tomorrow.  With the various restructures they've done they could possibly sign one of them, if they somehow sign both it kinda reaffirms that the shortened cap this year doesn't mean much if you're willing to offer a heavily guaranteed backload in exchange for as small a cap hit as possible this year.

Some analysts suggested the cap could close to double with this TV money coming in...so yeah, if you get a heavily backloaded deal now you can take it or roll the dice on a 1-year deal and shoot for the stars next year.

1 hour ago, damshow said:

Some guys just cannot adapt to the NFL being like having a job. If you're good you can get away with whatever you want in high school and college but nobody in the NFL has patience for that, especially from a rookie.

Its one of them things I always wonder about. How many players could have been great but just can't conform to the grind of the NFL. They get by easily at the amateur level because of sheer talent but then don't really put in the work at the next level. Guess that is part of good drafting though, being able to identify that.

43 minutes ago, damshow said:

Giants may not have much of a line but if they can manage to piece one together Jones has plenty of weapons.

It moves Slayton, Shepard and Engram all down a peg and now with Saquon back, it's going to be all on Jones to get the ball where it needs to be.

Now let's get some defense in the draft and maybe another guard and I'm good.

• Like 1

Love the signing.  I know there were concerns about Golladay not returning from injury last year when most thought he was healthy enough but, honestly, he’s not the first player whose done that ahead of free agency.  If Judge had any real concerns about that he wouldn’t be here.

A real big body target, something they’ve sorely lacked.

8 minutes ago, Meacon Keaton said:

People made a big deal last year when he came back to Philadelphia, but I don't recall ever hearing anything about him. Did he even play last year? 

Played 5 games, started all 5. 14 catches, 236 yards, 1 TD. I mean...over the course of the year he might still be able to contribute. Actually, playing with Stafford could help that. 

• Like 1