2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

1 hour ago, livid said:

Ahh yes the Chris Simms method 

For the record I was also very wrong on Mahomes, but Chris Simms projected Mahomes as a Day Two pick and DeShone Kizer as a Day One.

24 minutes ago, damshow said:

I'm a bit of a Kellen Mond guy, especially since I think he'll slip and wind up on a non-ass franchise.

I’m not sure about Mond. If “QB Whisperer” Jimbo Fisher couldn’t get more out of him, I’m not sure who will. Watch him go to New England in the second round and miraculously put it all together now.

While yeah Wentz's run with Philly ended on bad terms and he wasn't the QB in the Playoffs, I don't think that Eagles team would've won a Super Bowl without him. He gave them a lot of momentum, and his injury also gave the team a big rallying cry as well. It sounds stupid to say they don't win a Super Bowl without him when he wasn't in the Playoffs, yet it feels wholly accurate.

Just now, damshow said:

I don't know. That team was loaded with talent and some of the best offensive play calling the sport has ever seen courtesy of Frank Reich. Foles was the drizzling shits except for basically 2 games that year too. He wasn't even that good against Atlanta.

Agreed with this. The fact that the Eagles won that year is a testament to how good that team was as a unit because Nick Foles wasn't the one that was gonna tip the odds. Wentz would've had a ring he at least somewhat earned. 

Deshaun Watson now up to 19 suits filed against him. I know the lawyer is sketchy and biased and it definitely seemed like this was a setup, but 19 different cases, fudging yikes...that's just a lot, my word

• Admin
3 hours ago, JMarushin said:

Deshaun Watson now up to 19 suits filed against him. I know the lawyer is sketchy and biased and it definitely seemed like this was a setup, but 19 different cases, fudging yikes...that's just a lot, my word

Jeremiah has gotta be trolling at this point. 

It's a popular talking point but it's funny because nobody knew they were going to trade up in the first place and now want to say they know who they'll take. 

I really hope it isn't Jones, though.