2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

Bengals finally getting into the 21st century with new uniforms and finally creating a Bengals ring of honor after all these years. 

And it's tough to see Alex Smith go after coming all the way back from that horrific injury, but atleast he left on a high note for the most part. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Buschie Kay said:

Chase will look great running routes in those new uniforms while Burrow lays on the turf.

It is malpractice if Sewell is there at #5 and they don’t take him.  If they want an LSU receiver that badly they can target Terrace Marshall on day 2.

After Burrow got hurt this past year, I legit don't understand how they could take anyone but Sewell if he's there. My heart goes out to Joe Chill if they don't get someone to block for the poor kid. 

• Like 1

Chase is the right choice at this point, honestly. They spent a 1st on Jonah Williams two years ago and signed Riley Reiff in the offseason (you could argue why they should have done this at all). This year's OL class is deep from the edge to the middle well into the second round so they can figure out where to go with that while taking BPA with #5. I think Chase is one of the best WR prospects in awhile so whether it's him or a generational talent like Pitts, it's the right asset allocation move. 

Then again it's the Bengals so whatever decision is made is probably the wrong (and cheapest) one regardless.

I won't argue Chase's talent. He really is fantastic. And the chemistry they had at LSU speaks for itself. 

I'd just rather have the best tackle in the draft blocking my young QB's blindside, especially since I just saw him carted off the field last year over another target. There's decent depth at receiver in this draft too. Top-5 pick, it's always going to be tough to choose one elite talent over another. But if I had my way, give me a guy that could protect your QB for the next ten years, and actually give him the time to throw to the targets he does have. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Meacon Keaton said:

I won't argue Chase's talent. He really is fantastic. And the chemistry they had at LSU speaks for itself. 

I'd just rather have the best tackle in the draft blocking my young QB's blindside, especially since I just saw him carted off the field last year over another target. There's decent depth at receiver in this draft too. Top-5 pick, it's always going to be tough to choose one elite talent over another. But if I had my way, give me a guy that could protect your QB for the next ten years, and actually give him the time to throw to the targets he does have. 

In a vacuum, I agree. I think Sewell is great but if you've already spent a 1st round pick and upwards of $7.5M the past two offseasons at OT that means you should focus on the rest of the OL or add a weapon. When you can basically do both, that's the direction you should go in, especially when the gap between Chase/Pitts/Sewell is kind of negligent. 

14 hours ago, livid said:

In a vacuum, I agree. I think Sewell is great but if you've already spent a 1st round pick and upwards of $7.5M the past two offseasons at OT that means you should focus on the rest of the OL or add a weapon. When you can basically do both, that's the direction you should go in, especially when the gap between Chase/Pitts/Sewell is kind of negligent. 

In this day and age of the NFL, just give Chase three or four years and he'll work his way out of the team he's on now and will get a fat new contract and the team of his choice!

I'm hoping Sewell falls to Detroit and we can snap him up. That offensive line would suddenly be very very good, and what better way to help Goff? Or if next year you do draft a QB early you've already got a good foundation lined up for the youngster. 

If not Sewell...then uh I don't know? Parsons I guess? Or Chase if he maybe slips due to Cinci taking Sewell. 

15 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

I'm hoping Sewell falls to Detroit and we can snap him up. That offensive line would suddenly be very very good, and what better way to help Goff? Or if next year you do draft a QB early you've already got a good foundation lined up for the youngster. 

If not Sewell...then uh I don't know? Parsons I guess? Or Chase if he maybe slips due to Cinci taking Sewell. 

I don't know why I still see mocks with Detroit taking a QB. I completely forgot about Goff, but still, you have to draft something useful and worry about a QB next year if Goff fails. 

Just now, Lineker said:

I'd like this move with only 6 total picks in the draft, but do I think this going to happen? No. Gettleman is stuck in his ways and he'll find someone that he "couldn't pass up on" at 11.