2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

Brady being the first guy to complain about that rule change is so on-brand. He's right that it makes it a little more difficult to identify certain players on defense but you'd figure you'd have a scouting report beforehand to tell you stuff like "number 9 will line up as ILB" and such. So I don't really see how it's going to confuse offenses.

Yeah, he's the latest darling because he's a great athlete. I don't see him being anything better than a Mitch type, where he may do some athletic things, but I don't think he'll ever lead you to a championship. Before teams started going psycho and drafting every quarterback in the first round, I think he would have been a solid third or fourth round pick. But he was on some talented teams and played very tough competition and wasn't the type to step up and take over a game. Ever. 

• Thanks 1

• Admin

4 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Yeah, he's the latest darling because he's a great athlete. I don't see him being anything better than a Mitch type, where he may do some athletic things, but I don't think he'll ever lead you to a championship. Before teams started going psycho and drafting every quarterback in the first round, I think he would have been a solid third or fourth round pick. But he was on some talented teams and played very tough competition and wasn't the type to step up and take over a game. Ever. 

People mocking him at the bottom of the first (or even Davis Mills near the top of the second) do make me chuckle.

9 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Is he the QB that was highly rated coming out of High School but has had a variety of leg injuries? 

33 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Is he the QB that was highly rated coming out of High School but has had a variety of leg injuries? 

Pretty sure you're thinking of Davis Mills from Stanford. 

• Like 1

Mond has a good week of practice and performance at the Senior Bowl.

He's big and athletic but needs to work on his accuracy. Could be the next Trubisky, could be Josh Allen.

He's not a 1st round prospect but I could see the Bears taking him in the 2nd and letting him sit behind Dalton for most of the year.

3 hours ago, Buschie Kay said:

“A couple of seasons”

tenor.gif?itemid=14258954

This is the first time I've seen John Cena. Can't believe he broke his own green screen to intimidate me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, damshow said:

If they can sign Villanueva to be a RT option and move Brown before the draft that's ideal. I was growing worried teams would want to wait until after the draft and the Ravens would be stuck with picks in 2022 and 23 as compensation.

And the trade has happened. Brown to the Chiefs. I know the Ravens got KC's first rounder and then it sounds like there's other picks involved going both ways.

Good trade for both parties.

1 minute ago, damshow said:

And the trade has happened. Brown to the Chiefs. I know the Ravens got KC's first rounder and then it sounds like there's other picks involved going both ways.

Good trade for both parties.

Ravens thinking ahead to 20221! 

• Haha 1