2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

We should make this into a competition, people sign up and get assigned and team and pitch it to Lineker.  He gets a set amount of vetoes and then we vote on who his new team will be

Can you organise this before the Jags turn in their card for Trevor Lawrence?

6 minutes ago, damshow said:

Bridgewater has been traded to Denver for a 6th rd pick. I don't envision this changing their draft at all if they do want to take a QB. 

I don't think it necessarily precludes them from doing so but may be a sign that they don't anticipate one falling to them at 9. 

32 minutes ago, livid said:

I don't think it necessarily precludes them from doing so but may be a sign that they don't anticipate one falling to them at 9. 

This is a better point. I have no idea what Carolina wants to do but if they don't want a QB they'll probably trade back with someone who does and just like that at least 4 QBs are gone in the top 8.

Pitts is being mocked to the Falcons at #4 pretty consistently but if they throw a curveball and decide one of the QBs is the right guy to learn behind Ryan, that could set up an even more mad scramble of teams trying to get into the top 10 for the 5th QB.  Sitting at the #11 pick I'm fully pulling for 5 QBs in the top 10.

Rumor is Gettleman seriously covets Parsons.  I'll admit he scares me a bit but I think it has nothing to do with his talent and everything to do with the Giants fanbase constantly propping up every Penn State prospect as the next big thing.

1 hour ago, Meacon Keaton said:

I hope they don’t draft a QB. Love the trade. Have Lock and Bridgewater battle it out and draft Surtain or Parsons please.

You stay away from my DBs!

2 minutes ago, LL! said:

Reported. 

Thank you for having my back, as always.

You see Lineker?  This is the kind of friendship Cowboys fans have.  You could be a part of this. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Meacon Keaton said:

I already reported myself.

Oh okay. Don't wanna overkill this thing. I rescind my report as long as you learned your lesson. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Lineker said:

No team is screaming at me to follow them in place of the Texans. Sure I like Buffalo, Miami, Cleveland etc. but that would majorly jumping on the bandwagon now that they're all good-to-very good, and not shit. So I'm minded to probably just go with the 49ers; we have family who live over there near Santa Clara, and having the #3 pick is exciting...

Change my mind. <_< 

Come bite some fucking knee caps off with me and DFF.

I'm telling ya, the Lions are the bandwagon to jump on. We got an inspiring coach, a GM that has already swindled his former team, and when the day comes that we're good it's going to fucking rule. Plus, Detroit is a fucking awesome city worth rooting for. 

Cool colors also. 

But I mean realistically I'd probably follow Seattle if I had a choice....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

I hope they don’t draft a QB. Love the trade. Have Lock and Bridgewater battle it out and draft Surtain or Parsons please.

It's a great trade for them, Bridgewater is a solid QB I think. Getting him for a 6th rounder even if he is a one year deal, or making way for a younger QB is really good value. 

13 minutes ago, Maxx said:

This is very true

Knowing you've been to Detroit, this makes my heart happy.