2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

21 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

Anybody been messing with the mock draft things?

Yeah, dig this. I got Jacksonville trading #1 to the Bucs for Round 7/32 (259th Overall) :shifty: . 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

Anybody been messing with the mock draft things?

I normally reserve these things for wasting time at work but...

image.png

I think the Panthers would be happy with that. 

• Like 1

Sounds like 2 of Deshaun Watson's accusers have gone public; word from the pundits is the Darnold trade is signaling that the market for Watson is drying up for now.

Hooray moron Cowboys fans trying to claim that drafting Patrick Surtain or Jaycee Horn over Kyle Pitts is a repeat of Greg Ellis over Randy Moss.

Because that’s what the team needs, another addition to a loaded receiving corps, coached by a guy who rarely ever schemes for tight ends, catching passes from a QB who also doesn’t favor TEs.  And we need that instead of a corner in our awful, awful secondary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Jerry Jones is apparently "infatuated" with Kyle Pitts.

Hopefully, Stephen is able to physically restrain him (again) and pick a CB cause god fucking damnit, Jerry. Shut the fuck up. 

It's funny, there are a lot of people in Detroit that are so anti-Kyle Pitts. I agree with them. But on the other hand...he could be a stud and I think I like him over Jaylen Waddle at 183 pounds, that small stature just scares me. I get why nobody wants him because lol top ten TE Detroit is the new lol top ten WR Detroit. But...he does look like a fucking stud. 

Weird draft for sure. I think if we can't trade down my number 1 hope is Penei Sewell falls to us at 7 (probably not). Also intrigued by Parsons because dude could be a total stud at LB and god damn could we use that. On the other hand, he's a probable shit bag.

I would not be surprised if we say fuck it and grab Rashawn Slater, especially if they like Goff enough to set him up for success (or finish off the offensive line for a future QB). 

The tight end label on Pitts is a red flag for people, but he’s a 2021 tight end, which is just a large (but still painfully fast) receiver. The Gators used him literally the same way the Patriots used Gronk. I’d bank on him being very, very good instead of not. Obviously where he gets drafted and how he gets used plays a big part in that. But the people that think he lines up and blocks and sometimes catches passes because he’s listed as a “tight end” haven’t done any homework on him.

• Like 1