Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

9 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

As much as I love seeing United lose, I have no idea how Villa's goal stood. Watkins is offsides and clearly affecting the play since he's right in front of De Gea

No chance. Watkins is nowhere near the line of the ball, so he's not interfereing with play and I'm fairly certain Wan-Bissaka at the back post is playing everyone onside anyway.

I know it's social media, but the amount of Man Utd fans calling for Ole to be sacked is hilarious. They're a missed penalty off being top of the league. Even now, they're only not top due to goal difference.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gazz said:

No chance. Watkins is nowhere near the line of the ball, so he's not interfereing with play and I'm fairly certain Wan-Bissaka at the back post is playing everyone onside anyway.

He's standing in front of De Gea as the ball is played. How is that not interfering? I don't believe Wan-Bissaka plays him onside. I just don't understand how he can in front of the keeper, and not be affecting the play. De Gea has to shove him to the side before trying to make the save.

4 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

He's standing in front of De Gea as the ball is played. How is that not interfering? I don't believe Wan-Bissaka plays him onside. I just don't understand how he can in front of the keeper, and not be affecting the play. De Gea has to shove him to the side before trying to make the save.

Isn't Pogba playing him onside at the near post when the corner is taken?

Either way, he doesn't impede the goalkeeper. He is allowed to stand in the box in front of the keeper, the protection of goalkeepers isn't that strict.

9 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I know it's social media, but the amount of Man Utd fans calling for Ole to be sacked is hilarious. They're a missed penalty off being top of the league. Even now, they're only not top due to goal difference.

This is how reactive people are. My mate is the same after this game.

I think his frustration is more because we look no different to the past few seasons in terms of style of play, and the 3 results against Young Boys, West Ham and now Villa haven't helped.

I have maintained Ole needs to win a trophy this season, and being out of the League Cup already means we're up against it on that front now.

47 minutes ago, Baddar said:

This is how reactive people are. My mate is the same after this game.

I think his frustration is more because we look no different to the past few seasons in terms of style of play, and the 3 results against Young Boys, West Ham and now Villa haven't helped.

I have maintained Ole needs to win a trophy this season, and being out of the League Cup already means we're up against it on that front now.

I'm the same as you, if he doesn't win anything this season I think his time is up

Jesus what a fucking game.

Terrible defending from us this game, but it happens. 95% of the time we have the best defense in the world, I'll take that. Nobody goes a full season not conceding anything, and Brentford played really well. Complaining when we drop points is just what Liverpool fans do 😕 

Fuck all that though, that Curtis Jones strike :wub:

If you were a neutral that's a great game but honestly a draw is a fair result but disappointing given the other results.

We should have taken out chances but I can't complain about a draw albeit it is a crap result 

Thought we were a bit sloppy at times and it cost us but ah well fuck it we didn't get beat, we're top of the league 

33 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

If you were a neutral that's a great game but honestly a draw is a fair result but disappointing given the other results.

We should have taken out chances but I can't complain about a draw albeit it is a crap result 

Thought we were a bit sloppy at times and it cost us but ah well fuck it we didn't get beat, we're top of the league 

Just wait till Brighton beat Palace 3-1, Bissouma hat-trick.