Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

I'm just saying, I've seen repeated comments on this website about certain professional wrestlers being absolutely awful human beings, shaming/villifying, and not wanting them on TV/booked ever/etc. for a LOT less than these accusations. But I can hardly recall ever hearing people speak out against Ronaldo for these accusations. 

There very much seems to be a double standard with some people about Ronaldo, and it's fucking disgusting.

It was a fun watch. Newcastle came to be solid at the back but offered more than I expected going forward. Saint-Maximin ran into trouble quite a few times but we couldn't really deal with Almiron.

Some very good goals during it too, and I was pleased for Lingard at the end.

5 hours ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

I'm just saying, I've seen repeated comments on this website about certain professional wrestlers being absolutely awful human beings, shaming/villifying, and not wanting them on TV/booked ever/etc. for a LOT less than these accusations. But I can hardly recall ever hearing people speak out against Ronaldo for these accusations. 

There very much seems to be a double standard with some people about Ronaldo, and it's fucking disgusting.

I don’t know about other people, but I just didn’t know. Didn’t say anything after you replied to my post because I was kind of feeling guilty for what I posted, but come on, man. It could be just me and the people in my vicinity, but everyone I spoke to prior to the Utd game tonight didn’t know also. Seems to be a pretty good job from his PR side and whoever else doesn’t want this to be widespread, public knowledge.

Either way, fuck Ronaldo, but also, it could just be a lot of lack fo awareness, like a ton of professional wrestlers that people found out were shit through posts on here. I’m pretty sure almost no one here is rubbing their hands together cheering that Ronaldo is getting away with being a piece of shit. 

Ronaldo is at the level of fame where his PR people, his club's PR people, his sponsor's PR people, and his sport's PR people all want to sweep it under the rug. I think it's a fair defense to say you don't know because there's incredible efforts from all angles to make sure you don't know.

And that's why he's been able to get by without any consequences. Meanwhile Benjamin Mendy will likely never play a game of professional football again. So we'll have that story to make us believe that FIFA and all the way down do care. It'll be talked about, proper discipline will be handed out, and then all parties involved in issuing punishments will talk about how seriously they take this issues. Which helps with the above attempts to not make Ronaldo's allegations common knowledge.

Funny how Mancs aren't moaning about the Glazers or trying to stop games anymore now that they've got Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane in :shifty:

Lookin forward to the Leeds game today. Always had a soft spot due to family ties. Hopefully we can improve upon the last time we was away and get the win just so we can keep up the pace.