Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

Decent first half. Cracking back from Tsimikas for Jota to head in and Salah scored a goal disallowed for VAR. 

Been fairly comfortable but I'll always have kittens whenever Burnley whip a ball in from deep

• Like 1

Just now, DavidMarrio said:

Decent first half. Cracking back from Tsimikas for Jota to head in and Salah scored a goal disallowed for VAR. 

Been fairly comfortable but I'll always have kittens whenever Burnley whip a ball in from deep

Tsimikas is great going forward, but boy does he scare me in the last third. He especially seems to dawdle on the ball in his own third. He's a bit erratic, but boy can he cross.

Elliott's ball for the Salah 'goal' was freaking fantastic.

We'll continue to drop points like that if we persist with two holding midfielders against one of the weaker teams in the league. I can't name 3 grounds that will be easier to visit than St Mary's this season, yet we've set up that way, so I expect it throughout.

Van De Beek might as well ask for a transfer at this point. For all the talk of his fitness/gym work over the summer, he still can't get in when McTominay drops out, or when a shattered Matic gets brought off on 85 mins (he looked tired after 25 tbh).

This season is make or break for Ole and he is still insisting on the two holding midfielder that clearly doesn't work, no disrespect to Southampton at all here but that is a team you'd be expecting United to walk all over. After watching City and Liverpool yesterday the two teams we are trying to compete against yet still look miles behind, if points like this keep getting dropped I reckon United will be lucky to get top 4

Chelsea are obviously a step above us so not too fussed that we're losing but I don't understand how that wasn't a penalty.

Lokonga looks decent, Tierney is his usual great self. Pepe had an amazing run early doors but doesn't seem to get a chance to run onto many balls. Saka had the perfect chance to make an easy play when we were 3 on 2 and fucked it, disappointingly. The pieces are there I just don't think Arteta is putting everything together right. There must be more to get out of these players.