Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

Tanganga was immense, City clearly targetted him and with Sterling and Grealish there running at him and trying their standard tricks and getting a few dubious calls he'd need to be but to keep both of them pretty much out of the game is a sign of how good he was today.

Really good performance from Spurs in general, only the first game and they'll in typical Arsey style let themselves down but great result any way.

• Like 1

Better team won hands down there. Nullified City and were devastating on the counter. 

Good result for Spurs 

• Like 1

Delightful. What a performance from the whole team, including guys like Sanchez and Moura I'd kind of written off in my head. Went from being battered early on to finding our way into the game to controlling it to scoring. Still work to do in the transfer window but if that's a sign of what Nuno can get out of this team we're in way better shape than I thought.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, damshow said:

Every match this week ended with a win/loss result. First time the season has ever started without a draw in the first slate of matches?

I believe there was a Premier League season a few years ago where there were no draws for about 4 or 5 weeks, it was bizarre. Something like 30 or 40 odd games without a tie.

Wild that our centre backs looked decent when we play with intent instead of retreating further and further back, playing anti-football. We didn't have much possession, but it was also so positive, always driving at City, always exploiting spaces. We were well organised, the players felt so together, everyone put in a massive shift. Also did it with two academy products starting, even without Kane. 

This felt good.

Hopefully Nuno can build on it. Get it up ya Jose. 

• Like 1

Henderson set to sign a 3 year extension for a 4th optional based on appearances. Made up with that would be daft to not renew him, he's more than earned it. 

Only player left now is to get Mo tied down. 

I can't see us signing anyone else this season unless Origi and/or Shaqiri leave and then I think we'll prioritise a forward rather than a centre mid. 

Got a feeling we won't replace Gini and instead go for a rotation of options in midfield depending on who we are playing.You'll have Jones/Milner/Keita/Chamberlain/Elliott and that's not even including Fabinho/Thiago/Henderson. 

• Like 1

I was playing cricket yesterday and was batting when it was shouted out that Spurs had taken the lead. Happy days.
Very solid result with some guys who were fringe players under Mourinho. Promising and there's no reason why we can't continue our good start against Wolves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Henderson set to sign a 3 year extension for a 4th optional based on appearances. Made up with that would be daft to not renew him, he's more than earned it. 

Only player left now is to get Mo tied down. 

I can't see us signing anyone else this season unless Origi and/or Shaqiri leave and then I think we'll prioritise a forward rather than a centre mid. 

Got a feeling we won't replace Gini and instead go for a rotation of options in midfield depending on who we are playing.You'll have Jones/Milner/Keita/Chamberlain/Elliott and that's not even including Fabinho/Thiago/Henderson. 

Liverpool can't sign any foreigners until they sell Shaqiri/Origi/any other non HG talent, which I think is the biggest issue. I can't see Liverpool buying any British player this window.

On 14/08/2021 at 17:19, Szumi - A Polack said:

I guess VAR's new thing this season is just let goals stand, no matter what? I have no idea how Tarkowski was allow to run a guy over before heading in the Burnley goal, insane stuff. Glad it ended up with Brighton winning, just out of spite 

Finally saw this, think the decision was absolutely correct. Blatant attempt at obstruction by Maupay, no attempt to even look at the ball let alone get involved with it, glad shit defending like that was finally punished.

Wouldn't be shocked if our game gets delayed. Proper queues outside the ground already and there's still gonna be more people to come. 

That and people won't have realised they had a certain time period to get in the stadium because they were having a pint... :shifty: