NFL 2021

Lineker

I don't know. If he wanted the USC job at any point in the last year or two he so much as needed to send a text to their AD and they'd have fired Helton within 2 minutes.

Though maybe now that he realized you can't berate and abuse NFL players like you can college kids it's looking a bit more tempting than it did previously. Would be fitting if he stole yet another job from Luke Fickell.

I want this all to be motivated by Urban trying to get fired so he can take the USC job, purely because I want to see what he'll do next to make that happen.

6 hours ago, damshow said:

Hmmm, whenever this happens I assume something bad is about to come out about them. 

Nah, couldn't cut him in the offseason because he had wrist surgery, so his money was guaranteed for this year.  They've been shopping him and got no takers so they're just dropping him now.  Plus his contract would become fully guaranteed this year if he got injured.  

https://defector.com/courtneys-story/  (Before you try to read this, some trigger warnings)

I think Defector lets you get some articles for free, otherwise they seem open to using private/incognito mode. 

This is a story of a wife of a wide receiver coach, who was consistently hired by Urban Meyer, who was known to everyone to be abusive.  They all just covered it up.

Urban Meyer is scum

58 minutes ago, damshow said:

Gotta defer to Belichick knowing when his DBs are washed on this one.

(Gilmore was very average last year)

I’d still happily take him in place of Anthony Brown

7 hours ago, Lint said:

Urban Meyer is scum

You're just now figuring that out?!

The story about him employing that worthless piece of shit is well known, and was one of the major criticisms used against him before the Jags hired him.

I have absolutely no respect for Meyer. Would love it if Jacksonville found a way to fire him With Cause, and he takes the USC job and fares no better than Lane Kiffin did there. I just hope to never see him in the SEC again.