NFL 2021

Lineker

On 30/09/2021 at 23:49, CM Busch said:

The Bengals got laughed at for drafting a kicker in the 5th round, but he has played in four career games and already been carried off the field twice.

I remember when the Patriots drafted a kicker in the 5th round.  Turned out being a 3%er and a sucky player in general, then never played a game and replaced by Nick Folk.

As for tomorrow, the Pats are gonna get destroyed.  If the Bucs don't put up 40+, they shown some mercy.

Drafting a kicker is generally a bad idea. You can't work them out with your long snapper and holder prior to the draft so you don't get a real good idea of how they'll perform. The method of signing UDFAs and trying them out alongside vets seems to yield much more success. Justin Tucker went undrafted, Matt Prater went undrafted, Adam Vinatieri went undrafted. It's not like not drafting a kicker is going to preclude you from finding a great one, it's not WR or QB.

• Like 1

I don't think it's that bad of an idea. A lot of kickers drafted in the past few years are still playing and most of them for the team that drafted them. I think it used to be the case but it's starting to change as the old guard starts to fade away a bit more. 

5 hours ago, livid said:

I don't think it's that bad of an idea. A lot of kickers drafted in the past few years are still playing and most of them for the team that drafted them. I think it used to be the case but it's starting to change as the old guard starts to fade away a bit more. 

Yea, I don't mind taking a flyer on a kicker in say the 6th or 7th, especially if you have an extra.

While I obviously don't want the Panthers to win, its remains hilarious to see Sam Darnold show just how bad of a coach Adam Gase is

• Like 3

I'm obviously biased but it just sucks to watch a 4th down stop get negated by a weak holding call on our lb and then watch the browns o line hold their way to finally scoring. 

2 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Goff aint it. I really hoped we could roll with him but he's just really mediocre. 

You need a great team to win with him. He's otherwise very uninspiring. 

I knew it would be a rebuild but still...win a game?

There were worse moves they could've made than "see if Goff is can be the guy". But, yeah, really starting to look like he's not. They don't need a replacement today or tomorrow but before the end of the rebuild will need one.

I had the game on the background without paying any real attention to it, and at 3 PM I had to go out for our HOA meeting. Someone at the meeting checked his phone and pointed out the Giants were down 11 with 7 minutes left and I just shrugged.

Get back in from the meeting and my phone goes off that they won, and I was like WTF. So I went right to the TV, and was able to rewind back to the start of the last Giants drive in the 4th. Got to enjoy a tying drive and a walkoff overtime drive without any of the stress involved.

So yeah week 1 of “not letting the Giants dictate my weekend” was a smashing success!

• Like 1