NFL 2021

Lineker

So happy we managed to snag Dan Quinn as our DC, even with some big names out this defense is playing great and creating turnovers for the first time in what feels like decades.  Diggs is blossoming into a great corner.

This is almost certainly our last season with Kellen Moore unless we fire Mike McCarthy and hire him as a replacement.  Which I can't say I'm opposed to.  I think the offense will take a big step back if McCarthy is calling plays next year.

• Like 1

I like this philosophy the team has taken since Arians showed up. 

Old Bucs sucking and it biting them in the ass: "Well we just need to make better decisions  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

New Bucs sucking and it biting them in the ass: "Fuck it, sign a potential Hall of Famer."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Not to put a damper on it but didn't he abuse his girlfriend or something? Or was it mental health issues? I know there is something with him and I don't mean to be flippant but all the stories of NFL players kind of meld together at this point

It sounds in hindsight like it may have been a mental health episode and/or he was *really* drunk. It happened at his wife's parents house. Tough to really conclude based on what info we have but here's the writeup of charges from an ESPN article:

Sherman was arrested July 15 in connection with an incident at the home of his wife's parents in Redmond, Washington. He was charged with five misdemeanors, including two counts of domestic violence -- criminal trespass in the second degree and malicious mischief in the third degree -- as well as resisting arrest, driving while under the influence and reckless endangerment of roadway workers.

Lol Jags get a big 3rd down sack on Burrow that would've given them the ball back in a tie game only for it to be called back on a defensive hold in the secondary nowhere near the play. They, of course, go on to lose to a walkoff FG which was the only time all night they were behind.

I'd be stunned if Urban Meyer actually gets through the season without quitting.

I honestly feel like it's going to be so boring cause none of them are known for being uhh... I guess you can say "showmen"? Like it's just gonna be a bunch of dudes standing around. 

I guess I can see that. Not sure if it'll make up for most of it being Eminem looking angry and grabbing his dick. 

And of course most of the comments on social about it are a bunch of dude bros saying how finally this is going to be a good one. I fucking hate sports fans. 

8 minutes ago, LL! said:

I guess I can see that. Not sure if it'll make up for most of it being Eminem looking angry and grabbing his dick. 

And of course most of the comments on social about it are a bunch of dude bros saying how finally this is going to be a good one. I fucking hate sports fans. 

The dudebros have totally replaced the boomer rock dads as the really vocal "boo everything is stupid" segment of sports fans.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Weird to think it was only like 10-12 years ago that they were having The Stones, Springsteen, Tom Petty, The Who etc. as the Super Bowl headliner and without fail, every year, Stephen A Smith would go on a rant about the out of touch NFL trotting out old white rockers on their biggest platform.