NFL 2021

Lineker

The WFT kicker recovered his own kickoff lol

Yep, another season dead before October. Team has been largely miserable for a decade and actually the worst team in the league the last five years...and yet there are zero signs of improvement.

I already have plans next Sunday and I’m freeing up my Sundays the rest of the season. Any football I happen to watch on Sunday afternoons will be RedZone. But the Giants themselves just aren’t worth the time. Life’s too short to waste time on hobbies that just make you miserable over and over and over again.

1 minute ago, VerbalPuke said:

I fucking hate the Lions. 

tbf, it did take a NFL record setting kick

Ravens had no business being in a game that close, to need a 66 yarder to win it. Just unbelievable.

I just thought why the hell not when they trotted Tucker out there but nothing more.

Ravens really should've had the Lions put away at halftime. Hollywood Brown alone cost them 14 points with his drops.

2 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Of course it did. Because they gave up 4th and 19. They always fucking do this.

2 minutes ago, damshow said:

Ravens had no business being in a game that close, to need a 66 yarder to win it. Just unbelievable.

I just thought why the hell not when they trotted Tucker out there but nothing more.

Ravens really should've had the Lions put away at halftime. Hollywood Brown alone cost them 14 points with his drops.

Therre was also a pretty blatent delay of game penalty that wasn't called at the end there.  That play clock was at 0 for 2 seconds before the ball was snapped

Yea. 

Oh well. 

Funny thing to note is that Matt Prater, the Lions former kicker held the previous record for longest field goal. Well, Prater attempted a 68 yard FG today and missed, it was caught and returned by Jamal Agnew, his former Lions teammate for a 109 yard TD. Lions weirdness today.

Why would the Dolphins risk a screen pass THAT deep in their own endzone?

The fact they lost 17-14 (same score as SB42) on the day they retired Eli’s jersey just makes it feel that way even more.

Come to think, Michael Strahan really is getting the shaft.  They haven’t given his number out since he retired but they never formally retired it.  They’re doing it this year on November 28th, which at this point will probably be in front of a stadium full of Eagles fans.

On 23/09/2021 at 22:49, Your Mom said:

Wasn't McNabb pretty great though? I'm not a stats nerd unless it's Baseball but he seemed like a big deal

On 24/09/2021 at 02:38, Lint said:

As an Eagles fan, McNabb was pretty good.  He could have some flashes of greatness, but he'd follow it up with a terrible game.  He got known for being a dual threat QB, but then tried to be a strictly pocket passer and that wasn't his strength.

Viewed strictly as an Eagles QB, he's one of the GOATs.  As a HoF candidate?  Maybe in an otherwise weak QB class, definitely not first ballot

McNabb tried to make his case for getting into the Hall of Fame by comparing himself to Troy Aikman. Someone should have replied "And exactly how many Super Bowls did you win?"

I agree with Lint's assessment of McNabb, except I think he only gets in during a weak group of candidates or toward the end of his eligibility. Eagles hatred aside, I don't think he belongs in.

1 minute ago, Your Mom said:

So do you have to win a Superbowl then?

Short of having some ungodly regular season stats, I'd say at least 1 helps