NFL 2021

Lineker

https://theathletic.com/news/lions-pray-bettor-will-net-726k-if-detroit-upsets-packers-to-complete-parlay/4ZHLLbq26zLN

So someone is one game away from winning $700k on a 16-team parlay and all they need is the Lions to win at Lambeau. That sound you just heard was every Lions fan screaming "are you fucking out of your mind?"

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, damshow said:

https://theathletic.com/news/lions-pray-bettor-will-net-726k-if-detroit-upsets-packers-to-complete-parlay/4ZHLLbq26zLN

So someone is one game away from winning $700k on a 16-team parlay and all they need is the Lions to win at Lambeau. That sound you just heard was every Lions fan screaming "are you fucking out of your mind?"

Man, I really hope the Lions win just for the implications. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, damshow said:

Christ....

I mean I just don't see it. Aaron Rodgers coming off of a humiliating loss and this week is Monday night football against an extremely young secondary in Lambeau Field. And its the Lions so I mean even if it is close we'll probably get screwed on a taunting penalty somehow. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, damshow said:

Well this is going as expected.

I forgot that the Chiefs/Ravens game was on Sunday, not a MNF game. So I watched it this morning and somehow didn't get spoiled. What a game, what a result to finally get one over the Chiefs in the craziest way possible. After those two early picks, I had no hope Lamar could get it done but they got it done in a way that only the Ravens can do it.

They just can't make it easy on themselves, can they? Man, what a rush that final quarter was, though. The entire game was wild.

Texans confirm that Deshaun Watson is not going to play on Thursday despite the Tyrod Taylor injury.  Jeff Driskel will likely be elevated off of the practice squad to serve as Davis Mills' backup.

They will continue to play with a short roster all year, basically just waiting until he's either cleared or suspended.  Dolphins might still be tempted to trade for him especially now with Tua hurt but the reason the Texans still have a sky high asking price for him even though he's not going to play is because they'd be taking a $67 million dead cap hit right now for trading him.  Strange situation.

As I understand it he can't be suspended yet under the current personal conduct policy (could've in the past when Goodell's decision was all that mattered). But I don't get why they can't have a Trevor Bauer "leave" arranged for him. I guess that's a roundabout way to doing what they're doing right now but the team is taking a big hit while everyone just sits around and waits for something to come of the civil suits/potential but not yet brought criminal charges.

No way Miami trades for a guy who could just get suspended by the league at some point. Especially when they're going to give up a ton of draft capital. That feels like such media narrative based on the fact they looked into Watson back at the start of the offseason.