NFL 2021

Lineker

The 2021 Giants season lasted only 5 days.

Top 10 defense last year now getting shredded by Teddy Bridgewater and Taylor Heinicke. The offensive line is gonna be a problem all year like everyone already knew. Receivers finally getting separation only to drop wide open TDs. Inexplicably punting late in the game and then all the penalties which would suggest the team is both undisciplined and poorly coached. And the GM has not improved the team at all in four years, all started by using the #2 pick on a RB who has maybe 2 explosive runs a game vs. 15 where he runs right into the pile for 2 yards.

Oh and they're 0-2 for the 8th time in 9 seasons, which is in and of itself nearly impossible to do. The team has been a disgrace for a decade since their last Super Bowl and there are just no signs that anything is getting better under the current regime. And John Mara will continue to do absolutely nothing.

Darius Slayton doesn't get nearly enough shit for his drops as he should. 

That, and playcalling not to lose at the end was just a couple of the laundry list of reasons this game was so frustrating.

It's a long season, so I'm not giving up just yet, but it's not looking good again.

Nah, they're cooked.  I liken it to 2015 when on opening night they went into Dallas and basically had the game won, had the ball on the goal line and with Dallas having no timeouts just needed to run another play to milk 40 seconds and hopefully score a TD.  Instead Eli inexplicably throws it away and that extra 40 seconds gave Dallas enough time for Romo to march down effortlessly and score the game-winner.  Losing in that fashion you just knew a bad season was a fait accompli.  I feel very much the same way about this loss.

But even had they won, it's tough to care.  I'm not liking a team's chances if they get shredded by Bridgewater and Taylor fucking Heinecke within days of each other.

1 hour ago, CM Busch said:

The team has been a disgrace for a decade since their last Super Bowl and there are just no signs that anything is getting better under the current regime.

It will get better. I know from experience :shifty: . 

6 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Shocking that yet another hardass wannabe Belichick is failing again.   It’s like clockwork at this point.

Al Groh, Charlie Weiss, Nick Saban, Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini, Jim Schwartz, Josh McDaniels, Bill O'Brien, Matt Patricia, Brian Flores, Joe Judge...

Fucking eleven, although TBF Groh and Saban weren't part of the Patriots under Belichick. 

1 hour ago, LL! said:

It's going to be great when by the premiere date the Colts are nowhere near the playoffs. 

I think you're underestimating just how bad that division is. They could be winless and still be in it.