NFL 2021

Lineker

5 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

Can’t wait for them to bungle it up immediately and it works out that a team playing Saturday faces a team playing Monday in the divisional round.

Seems like they won't let that happen but it's the NFL so who knows. 

It's possible that the Sunday divisional game will be against a team who played Saturday on wild card weekend. But I don't think that's as big an issue, teams are usually accustomed to Mon-Sun turnarounds. I don't think the extra 2 days rest matters all too much. It's on Thursdays when one team is coming off a bye and the other coming off a Sunday game that your really see issues. And that won't happen in the playoffs... Yet.

15 hours ago, damshow said:

A big thing McNabb will have working against him in hindsight is that there basically hasn't been a bad Andy Reid QB. I don't think it should matter but for a lot of people it does. Anyone who plays under Reid seems to wind up having their best years with him.

Laughs in AJ Feeley, Mike McMahon and Kevin Kolb

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

Who? Like I don't even know who the last 2 guys are and I only know the first one as a shitty announcer

So Jeff Garcia was a QB that put up good numbers, but just couldn't last with a team. He's the guy that took over in San Francisco after Steve Young retired, and bounced to: Cleveland, Detroit, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, Philadelphia (again) and finally Houston.  

Dave Krieg was the QB for Seattle for years, from like 1980 on. He had the fortune of throwing to Steve Largent. After he left the Seahawks he too bounced around the league, with stints in Kansas City, Detroit, Arizona, Chicago before finishing the last two years up in with the (Tennessee) Oilers.

Here's a tale of three QBs:
image.png

image.png

image.png

It's Garcia, Krieg and the last one is....Vinny Testaverde. And I'm only throwing him out since fuck, if those two can be nominated, why not Vinny? I mean, just humor me. 29 QB's have thrown over 200 interceptions in their careers, 23 have thrown over 200 TD passes, and 22 have thrown for over 40,000 yards. I'm by no means saying Vinny is the greatest, but if this is who's being nominated, he should at least be as well. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mick said:

So Jeff Garcia was a QB that put up good numbers, but just couldn't last with a team. He's the guy that took over in San Francisco after Steve Young retired, and bounced to: Cleveland, Detroit, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, Philadelphia (again) and finally Houston.  

Dave Krieg was the QB for Seattle for years, from like 1980 on. He had the fortune of throwing to Steve Largent. After he left the Seahawks he too bounced around the league, with stints in Kansas City, Detroit, Arizona, Chicago before finishing the last two years up in with the (Tennessee) Oilers.

Here's a tale of three QBs:
image.png

image.png

image.png

It's Garcia, Krieg and the last one is....Vinny Testaverde. And I'm only throwing him out since fuck, if those two can be nominated, why not Vinny? I mean, just humor me. 29 QB's have thrown over 200 interceptions in their careers, 23 have thrown over 200 TD passes, and 22 have thrown for over 40,000 yards. I'm by no means saying Vinny is the greatest, but if this is who's being nominated, he should at least be as well. 

Vinny Testaverde is absolutely a hall of famer for the sheer fact that the 3 teams he played the most games for are the old Buccaneers, the Browns/Ravens, and the freaking Jets and yet he still played for 21 seasons. Also, all 21 consecutive seasons he threw a TD pass which is an NFL record (until Tom Brady takes it). And there's a bunch of other weird accomplishments records that he holds. HOF worthy way more than stupid Boomer, forgettable Jeff Garcia or Dave Kreig

• Like 1

https://www.thewrap.com/mike-tagliere-fantasy-football-writer-and-podcast-host-dies-of-covid-19/

Tagliere announced on Twitter on Aug. 9 that he had tested positive for the coronavirus and had severe symptoms despite having been fully vaccinated. His passing was announced on Twitter by his wife, Tabbie.

:(

3 hours ago, damshow said:

Show me where that’s against the rules!

This came out during the appeal hearing about a suspension that the NFLPA had negotiated down to two games.  As in, they got it reduced from 5 to 2 and then Collins still pushed for an appeal.  During the hearing this comes up, arbitrator decides the full 5 games should be restored.  

Strahan on Odell Beckham: "He's not gonna play if he can't go at the level we expect of him.  I expect a big day from him."

Must not have watched many Browns games in the last couple years.

18 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Strahan on Odell Beckham: "He's not gonna play if he can't go at the level we expect of him.  I expect a big day from him."

Must not have watched many Browns games in the last couple years.

Maybe the level they expect of him is a solid 2 receptions. 

The Lions are going to get fucking smoked today, badly. 

But that said, they're tenacious and fun to watch. Starting the season against San Fran, in Green Bay, and Baltimore is a really tough 3 game stretch (especially since we probably got San Fran at their healthiest, and Rodgers looking for revenge).