NFL 2021

Lineker

4 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Oh, well that's much worse.

Yeah. Personally, as a white dude, I feel it's not my place to say, and men like Mike Tirico and Tony Dungy (who has his own issues with homophobia) were vouching for him, but it read as far more blatantly racist to me than people were acting like it was.

I'm really interested to hear what Carl Nassib is going to have to say about this as well. Unfortunate situation for him as the first openly gay player to be on this team with this coach, he's going to have the media all over him.

This article from the New York Times outlines the laundry list of offensive things Jon Gruden has said over the course of these email exchanges.

Gruden has been racist, homophobic, transphobic, spoken against LGBT players being drafted, against the existence of concussion protocols in the league, Obama and Biden, and more.

Disgusting, extensive and clearly evident of the culture prevalent at the higher level of the NFL clique, not that that should overly surprise us sadly. There was no way he was keeping his job.

6 hours ago, Lineker said:

Glad Gruden is gone. Was the only possible outcome. Who the hell knows what else will come out from these Washington Football Team investigations. 

I'm skeptical a ton gets out, and wouldn't be shocked if Gruden was the "fall guy" for everything else they're scrambling to not let leak.

We have the chance for evidence of deliberate league-wide collusion against signing Kaepernick, top-down sexual abuse at Washington and perhaps at other teams, further evidence of how standard race-norming was, cover-ups for damages caused by concussions (likely tied to my prior point), and I'd bet quite a few other emails with some slurs in them (old white men with access to reply all? What do you think is going to happen?).

But the league far too often manages to make itself judge & jury. Wouldn't be shocked if they pull some of that off here to keep some revelations from coming to light for years.

• Like 1

Just watched the games, and fuck me, why can't they just win a game without making me feel every emotion under the sun. Lamar is absolutely mental.

After that fumble on the 1 I thought the Ravens were completely smoked this game, and they just somehow managed to pull it back in the most Ravens way possible. This year is anxiety inducing, but i'm all aboard for it.