Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

Fantastic result.

Much more of that and the showing we had against Arsenal than what we got against Leicester and Fulham, please. Bamford still looks out of sorts and arguably could have scored but Meslier made lots of vital saves and nice to see Gnonto finally get on the pitch and make a contribution to the winner. Top stuff.

5 minutes ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

Well they have lost to both bottom team's in back to back games. 

And they're both teams that were in the League then

Its a very deep observation!

The Leeds keeper had a great game. Liverpool should have done better. Its just gonna be a bit of a shit season. Im fine with that. It happens. Its not fun. But it happens.

• Like 1

I'm not even angry at this point. I'm back to expecting this shit to happen. Legitimately laughed when the winner went in. Thurs squad is seemingly only capable of playing to the level of the opposition.

1 hour ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

Was just thinking about Newcastle. Have enjoyed watching them this season. It's pleasing in a way that they are doing well, have new ownership and a good group of players playing at the club. The fan's have endured many year's of upsets and issues going on that probably was a unhappy time for many of them. As we all know Football can be a good break and a great escape. So it's a happy feeling that I get in knowing that the fan's up there must be really enjoying their Football games again. 

Yeah pleasing is a very different word than the one I’d use when it comes to Newcastle’s new owners. Fucking hell. 

• Like 6

It's just so messy. On the field I've never known us better run. Yes we've spent money but not insane amounts (our biggest signing has barely kicked a ball), but having an actual good manager means we've got completely new players out of those utterly written off by Bruce (Joelinton, Almiron, Schar, Longstaff, even the likes of Murphy) and are performing far above expectations even for that outlay. Off the field the women's team have been brought properly into the club and are being promoted properly with games at SJP despite being in the 3rd tier. The town is absolutely buzzing before games again after a decade of it being a miserable chore to turn up to be treated with contempt by Ashley and his bizarre whims. Frankly it's brilliant.

And then you remember we're owned by a bunch of horrible bastards using us to shine up their image. The league should never have allowed it, and I think it's an utter disgrace that it's our fans that the press have chosen to take it out on whilst being paid by the Mail, Telegraph etc.

• Like 5

My bad on that point. But I wasn't using pleasing at their owners being scumbags. So apologise if it came across in that way or that I may have supported any of those ideas. I don't. I Should have made that point clear. It also slipped my mind for a second as I was more on about the game today and recent results for Newcastle and the last couple of years under Mike Ashley. So apologies all round for any offence caused. 

15 hours ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

I'm not even angry at this point. I'm back to expecting this shit to happen. Legitimately laughed when the winner went in. Thurs squad is seemingly only capable of playing to the level of the opposition.

I just think theyre just not as fit (physically or mentally) as they have been going into previous seasons. Probably because of last season, the effect the mid season world cup is had on pre season and the fixtures.

I keep thinking about 2020/21 and how Liverpool thumped Cystal Palace and then their legs fell off for about 3 months. That is also when the last unbeaten at Anfield run ended. There were also a lot of injuries and just a bit of bad luck.

And yet we are somehow 9th. 

And we we're either in the relegation zone or floating around there this time with Woy

I'll take anything over that period with Woy in charge

Cross fingers for me guys! Just submitted my ticket request to my local(ish) Liverpool Supporters Club for a ticket request for the Liverpool/Forest match in April. I will be anxiously waiting the email if I got the tickets for the next week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1