NFL 2023

Lineker

'Doink!' cam!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

The fuck is a doink cam? :lol: 

Imagine if we had 6 different angles of this!

• Sad 1

It’s weird to me that the line really hasn’t moved much at all.  I really thought enough Chiefs money would’ve poured in to the point where it got closer to a pick ‘em.  No signs of it yet.

Like I understand the Niners being favored as they were the best team in the league all year but the Packers narrowly beat them, they needed both a Herculean effort and a generational Lions chokejob to get past the NFC Title game.  The Chiefs meanwhile played tight games against the Bills and Ravens but their defense has been standing on its head and the offense has looked the best it has all year.

Given what I’ve seen in these playoffs I’m not sure what I’m missing.

1 hour ago, The Buscher said:

It’s weird to me that the line really hasn’t moved much at all.  I really thought enough Chiefs money would’ve poured in to the point where it got closer to a pick ‘em.  No signs of it yet.

Like I understand the Niners being favored as they were the best team in the league all year but the Packers narrowly beat them, they needed both a Herculean effort and a generational Lions chokejob to get past the NFC Title game.  The Chiefs meanwhile played tight games against the Bills and Ravens but their defense has been standing on its head and the offense has looked the best it has all year.

Given what I’ve seen in these playoffs I’m not sure what I’m missing.

People are assuming that this time the team with an elite run game won't get away from the elite run game.

12 hours ago, gunnar hendershow said:

People are assuming that this time the team with an elite run game won't get away from the elite run game.

I understand why people would think that.  The Chiefs defenses' one real struggle was zone runs which is where CMC can make a killing.  If they get off to a lead especially he should be just handed the rock as many times as his body allows.

However, we've also seen this before with Shanahan getting away from the obvious in big games.  Moreover, Mahomes in general seems to have the same ability Brady did to instill enough fear in opposing coaches that they overthink.  A couple of early TD drives from Mahomes and it's "crap, we have to beat him in the air".

Something like 80% of public money has gone to the Chiefs so far and yet not only has the line not swung, they made the Chiefs bigger dogs yesterday (-2 to -2.5)

It has to be one of two things and it's likely both:  first off they probably suspect the high-spending sharps are going to back the Niners but that won't happen until closer to gameday.  But the much bigger thing is the Niners might have one of the largest SB futures liability Vegas has seen in recent history.  It would suggest they actually do view this game as a toss-up and are now just doing what they can to beg for Chiefs money so they can break even.

2024 Hall of Fame class:  Dwight Freeney, Randy Gradishar, Devin Hester, Andre Johnson, Julius Peppers, Patrick Willis, and MONGO MCMICHAEL!

Art Powell and Buddy Parker did not make it despite being nominated from special committees.  Guess it’s not a formality anymore.

• Like 1