2014 NFL Offseason Thread

Lint

Broncos load up on the secondary by stealing Talib from the Pats for a lot of money to pair with TJ Ward...they are going all out for a SB.

It's awesome to see them steal Talib, but while their defense was pretty bad, that wasn't the reason they lost the Super Bowl. They need to figure out a way to ensure their offense doesn't get savaged by a defense like Seattle's again.

Golden Tate is heading to Detroit for a visit, would be a nice signing to pair up with Calvin. Problem is money, not sure if we can offer him what he wants.

I'm also annoyed with the Lions fans freaking out that we didn't sign anybody three seconds into free agency. "WE'RE DOOMED, WE SUCK, WE'RE GOING TO BE WORSE, WAAH". We are doomed, we do suck, but we probably wont be worse. We wont be losing anybody of any real consequence, somebody is going to overpay Willie Young, Delmas was inconsistent, and if Pettigrew signs else where then good.

Oh, and no negotiations have begun on Suh's extension either. All the fans praising him are now saying what a piece of shit he is and that we should trade him. We could probably get a kings ransom for Suh, but I'd hate to just trade him away.

• Like 2

Byrd to the Saints, 6 years $54M, $28M guaranteed.

At least Buffalo doesn't have to "negotiate" with Eugene Parker anymore. They can proceed to let all the good players sign with real teams and pick over what's left.

I'm just glad the whole situation is over. I think everyone knew from last year that Byrd was gone as soon as the opportunity presented itself. Hopefully Aaron Williams continues to progress and they get someone other than Da'Norris Searcy to start opposite him.

They've just added Chris Williams from St. Louis for $13.5M over four years. Pretty much anyone is an upgrade over Doug Legursky, but that seems like big money for someone the Rams didn't even make an offer to.

Golden Tate is heading to Detroit for a visit, would be a nice signing to pair up with Calvin. Problem is money, not sure if we can offer him what he wants.

I'm also annoyed with the Lions fans freaking out that we didn't sign anybody three seconds into free agency. "WE'RE DOOMED, WE SUCK, WE'RE GOING TO BE WORSE, WAAH". We are doomed, we do suck, but we probably wont be worse. We wont be losing anybody of any real consequence, somebody is going to overpay Willie Young, Delmas was inconsistent, and if Pettigrew signs else where then good.

Oh, and no negotiations have begun on Suh's extension either. All the fans praising him are now saying what a piece of shit he is and that we should trade him. We could probably get a kings ransom for Suh, but I'd hate to just trade him away.

I really hope we can afford Tate - he'd be a quality alternative to Megatron.

Apparently we are also hosting Phil Costa and Henry Hynoski today too.

Bucs have picked up Josh McCown and DeMarcus Ware has gone to the Broncos.

AFC West beWare...

Wow, that just upped their Super Bowl chances if he's fully healthy.

And the Ware signing is good too I suppose. <_< In all seriousness, as a Giants fan I'm glad to see him go eventhough he wasn't his usual self last year, the idea of him in the AFC instead of facing us twice a year is a big deal. Now we need to sure up our O-Line some more and make sure that no one else could get to Eli.

Falcons cut DeCoud. He was he #2 CB behind Samuel, who's also gone. Looks like Atlanta's trying to go from a speedy defense to an outright bruising D-Line & LB corps. I'm okay with that.

Well, they did spend their first and second rounders on corners last year. Trufant and Alford, I believe.

Falcons cut DeCoud. He was he #2 CB behind Samuel, who's also gone. Looks like Atlanta's trying to go from a speedy defense to an outright bruising D-Line & LB corps. I'm okay with that.

OR they're just not going to field any DBs and try a new strategy of not covering anyone. Which might actually work in a bizarre mind trick sort of way. :shifty:

• Like 1