2014 NFL Offseason Thread

Lint

Browns are apparently making a run at Revis. I know the Browns tend to fuck things up, but if they could pull that deal at the right price, they'd have a pretty godly combo of Revis and Joe Haden.

DeMarcus Ware will be cut by the Cowboys.

It's not like they were winning a title anyway.

Yup.

The money we save will help us give Dez a long tern deal and I'd rather have him in his prime than Ware from age 33 on. It's an oddly sensible move from our senile owner.

I put Ware's chances of signing with an NFC East team somewhere around 98%.

Browns are apparently making a run at Revis. I know the Browns tend to fuck things up, but if they could pull that deal at the right price, they'd have a pretty godly combo of Revis and Joe Haden.

I'm really hoping they bring in Dixie Carter as a guest GM for this deal :shifty:

DeMarcus Ware will be cut by the Cowboys.

It's not like they were winning a title anyway.

Yup.

The money we save will help us give Dez a long tern deal and I'd rather have him in his prime than Ware from age 33 on. It's an oddly sensible move from our senile owner.

I put Ware's chances of signing with an NFC East team somewhere around 98%.

Yea, can't remember who it was but I saw someone of Twitter say the Eagles have a strong interest in him. Not sure how I feel about that

Yahoo is reporting the Cowboys are talking with Henry Melton and a deal could happen quickly. Wonder if Peppers would come rejoin Marenelli at a reduced rate too.

Now that trade makes a bit more sense than Gabbert, given Martin's history with Harbaugh. I would've said the Niners or the Colts would've been a good fit for him.

Both make sense really. They're both former first round picks and were acquired for low round picks (no details on the Martin pick but can't imagine it'll be high). The 49ers have too many picks and not enough roster spots. Using those picks to shore up depth while taking low risk for potentially high reward is smart.

Agreed on Martin. I still wouldn't have traded a cheese pizza for Gabbert(and his 2 mil. salary) let alone a draft pick, but if anyone can salvage him it's Harbaugh. If I were Blaine I'd be really excited right now.