2014 NFL Offseason Thread

Lint

Revis is being shopped by the Bucs and if they can't find a trade partner by Wednesday (very unlikely to find one due to Revis's 16 million dollar salary) then he will be cut. A long fall from last year and that trade for the Bucs looks pretty horrible in hindsight now.

Revis is being shopped by the Bucs and if they can't find a trade partner by Wednesday (very unlikely to find one due to Revis's 16 million dollar salary) then he will be cut. A long fall from last year and that trade for the Bucs looks pretty horrible in hindsight now.

Wow. That shocks me.

Not that shocking. No team can afford to pay a corner QB money when opposing teams can just throw it to the other side.

Silly move then and now. They gave up too much and gave him way too much money. I'm hope he does get cut, that way he can't whine and holdout every offseason from here on in.

Actually, cutting him only reinforces the point of holding out. If a team can cut you with very little penalty less than a year into a 6 year contract (as is the case here), what is the point adhering to the contract if you're a player?

It baffles me people give players shit for not adhering to the contract they signed yet don't say anything when teams do the same thing.

• Like 2

They do the same thing with the WWE. For some reason, people are so pro-corporate. It's part of being a human, I guess. It's easier to look at another human and say, "You're being a selfish prick" than it is to look at a corporation or franchise that is making hundreds of millions or billions, yet paying less than you are in taxes each year, and calling them out.

Revis would get more sympathy if he hadn't held out, got a huge deal along with a signing bonus and then less than 2 years into the deal, tried to do the exact same all over again.

NFL contracts are very team friendly by nature but that doesn't mean you can hold a team to ransom every year. The contracts aren't guaranteed but these guys get pretty juicy signing bonuses.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/03/joique_bell_agrees_to_3-year_9.html

Yay for Joique Bell. Glad to see we are going to have him and Bush as a tandem for the next few years, they were definitely a pleasant surprise as a tandem. Bell is a bit older at 28, but has pretty low miles on him due to only really playing full-time the last two seasons. He's a huge fan favorite being a local guy and having a bruising running style that compliments Bush's flashiness.

I'm not expecting Detroit to do anything flashy in free agency, probably add a WR, some secondary help, and maybe some depth. I expect us to continue building through the draft, hoping we can have a draft like last years. That's how great teams become great and stay great.

• Like 1

Ridiculous amount of signings happening in the first 5 min of FA, but most notably for me is the Browns signing Donte Whitner and Karlos Dansby. Dansby is a clear upgrade on DQwell Jackson, especially in a 3-4 defense, so great move there. Whitner is a better fit in Pettine's new defense than TJ Ward, so I like the signing as well (doesn't hurt he's a Cleveland guy). I think the Browns aren't finished today yet either.

Edited by Mofoticon

Browns have a lot of cap room so I'd be expecting them to be bringing in a number of signings.

Hoping the Ravens can still work something out with Eugene Monroe, he was incredible for us and easily the best player on the team after the trade.

Aaaaaaaaand they did it, 5 year deal. Good luck in your future false starts Oher.