2014 NFL Offseason Thread

Lint

Stephen A. Smith got a suspension half as big as the Ray Rice suspension

Stephen A. being suspended rather than outright fired is a joke. Rob Parker got suspended and eventually canned from ESPN for a lame comment he made about RGIII a couple of years ago. What Stephen A. Smith did is much worse. But since he's one of their `stars', they'll let it slide and he'll be back next week.

Lost any respect I had left for Stephen A. Smith now.

Granted he 's tolerable next to Skip Bayless. Even a screaming baboon could look good next to Skip Bayless. It's a testament to just how awful Skip Bayless is.

What's more impressive is that you had any respect for him in the first place. :P

If you're going to declare him guilty by association with Skip then that's one thing I guess but I think that he's a perfectly reasonable journalist in his own right.

Much later than original post EDIT: I should clarify that I haven't heard what he said on this matter, so this opinion is up until that point.

I'm glad we get PTI in Canada and not that show. Smith and Bayless are just awful, and the comments made by Smith about domestic abuse (and this isn't the first time he has made them) are reprehensible. He should have been fired.

Actually, the way ESPN covered the whole situation was pretty disappointing.