2014 NFL Season

Dan

Oh, right. Need to do my Giants end of season wrap-up post. If you had told me before the year that the Giants would finish 6-10, I'd have told you that it'd be the end of the Manning-Coughlin Era, but it's definitely going to last another year. Neither man is to blame for this.

Eli is the least of their worries. He was shit last year but it's clear he's taken to the new offense. Second-highest TDs and yardage in his career, lowest INT total since 2009, and after all the preseason laughing about McAdoo wanting him to complete 70% of his passes, he wound up completing 63.1% which is not bad at all. He's on the same page as OBJ, which is reason enough to keep him. Throw in the fact that there is nobody better available and Eli coming back is an easy choice. The only question left is whether they extend him this offseason as 2015 is his final year under contract.

And with Coughlin, he's a good coach. And again, there are no better, realistic options to replace him. The fall guys should be Perry Fewell and Tom Quinn, as the defense and special teams have been a mess for years.

I think Walton and Jerry are weak links on OL. Ideally they draft a RT and next years OL is Beatty-Schwartz-Richburg-Pugh-New Guy. I expect OT will be their top target in the draft unless JPP walks, in which case it might be a classic Giants DE pick.

• Like 1

So Wild Card weekend is set:

Saturday:

NFC - Cardinals @ Panthers

AFC - Ravens @ Steelers

Sunday:

AFC - Bengals @ Colts

NFC - Lions @ Cowboys

Could very easily see all of the Wild Card teams get knocked out in one weekend. The Panthers are on a hot streak and going up against a team quarterbacked by Ryan Lindley. Ravens/Steelers is probably the toughest call of the weekend due to Bell's health but either way Brown is a serious playmaker. There's no way in hell I'm banking on Dalton in the playoffs. And as much as I'd like for Dallas to lose as a Giants fan, I don't see it here. Dallas is firing on all cylinders and Stafford has never beat a winning team on the road.

LL and Maxx like them so maybe I'll root for the Cowboys this year

Whatever happened to Seattle Srar!?

Oh and there's no doubt in my mind that JJ Watt SHOULD be MVP.

But we all know how this works. Many of the voters are of the belief that it's an offensive award, and many also have the old school mentality that baseball writers seem to have. Didn't get your team to the playoffs? Well then you clearly weren't valuable enough!

Rodgers will win. He's excellent and in any other year he'd be pretty much a unanimous pick but the Texans probably only win like 3 or 4 games without Watt.