2014 NFL Season

Dan

Is this the part where the two best NFC East teams implode and the two shitty ones take the division? :(

I don't think so. Like I said, I'm cautiously optimistic that the Eagles will be ok despite the Foles injury. Dallas needs Romo back more than the Eagles need Foles (which sucks to say, because I'm a Foles believer, but it's true).

Our offensive line is getting healthy again, and we ran for 190 yards against the Texans, and Maclin is lighting the world on fire right now through the air. Ertz will be involved more down the stretch, but we're going to lean pretty heavily on the run game. Even Polk got significant touches yesterday, which I like the idea of. I still think at worst we split games with Dallas, but I'm not worried about not making the playoffs.

There are worse backups than Sanchez, that's for sure. I just hope this doesn't end up derailing Foles' chances to be here long-term, because he wasn't exactly having the best season before he got hurt.

Is this the part where the two best NFC East teams implode and the two shitty ones take the division? :(

I don't think so. Like I said, I'm cautiously optimistic that the Eagles will be ok despite the Foles injury. Dallas needs Romo back more than the Eagles need Foles (which sucks to say, because I'm a Foles believer, but it's true).

Our offensive line is getting healthy again, and we ran for 190 yards against the Texans, and Maclin is lighting the world on fire right now through the air. Ertz will be involved more down the stretch, but we're going to lean pretty heavily on the run game. Even Polk got significant touches yesterday, which I like the idea of. I still think at worst we split games with Dallas, but I'm not worried about not making the playoffs.

There are worse backups than Sanchez, that's for sure. I just hope this doesn't end up derailing Foles' chances to be here long-term, because he wasn't exactly having the best season before he got hurt.

Given the season thus far, that bolded part may indicate that the Eagles need Foles more than our Boys need Romo.

Given the season thus far, that bolded part may indicate that the Eagles need Foles more than our Boys need Romo.

I'd tend to disagree. McCoy looked great yesterday, and Polk looked really good, too. We got Jason Kelce, who might be the best Center in the league, back yesterday and get Evan Mathis back next week for MNF.

The Wembley game will likely results in a redzone blackout, so people with interests in Chiefs/Bills, Dolphins/Lions, 49ers/Saints, Titans/Ravens, Steelers/Jets, and Falcons/Buccs might be better watching the Sky coverage as they should at least show you the big plays.

Yeah it does. I watched the Lions/Falcons game on C4 because GamePass was on black out.

Well, there were no other games on at the same time as Lions/Falcons, so I don't think redzone/GamePass was quite needed at that time :P

To be fair, Nick Foles has been mediocre at best this season. We have won some games in spite of him this season. That doesn't mean the Eagles will be better than Foles by any means, Sanchez just needs to not turn the ball over... fuck.

• Like 1

I'm definitely a Foles guy, but this season hasn't been the easiest. The line finally starts getting healthy and now he goes down. Just bad luck I guess, but we're still 1st place, so as long as Sanchez can hold onto the ball and the D can play well without Ryans (again, my bigger concern), we should be good for the stretch.

I'd tend to disagree. McCoy looked great yesterday, and Polk looked really good, too. We got Jason Kelce, who might be the best Center in the league, back yesterday and get Evan Mathis back next week for MNF.

Yea but didn't Herremans leave with an injury last night? Plus he's already playing with a elbow injury

Yeah, Herremans has been playing on a torn bicep and apparently hurt his elbow yesterday, but getting Mathis and Kelce back is huge. I love Herremans and he's been old reliable for what seems like forever, but Mathis and Kelce are much better.

I think Herremans was out of the game for that 4-play, 70-yard drive that was all runs, in fact.

What's especially disgusting is that for no discernible reason, the fact that he smoked weed when under strict orders not to do that, was thrown out.

In fact, Foles may have lost his job even without a cracked clavicle. According to Mark Eckel of NJ.com, the Eagles already were changing their opinion on Foles before the injury.

“I think [G.M.] Howie [Roseman] is looking at quarterbacks,” an unnamed league source told Eckel. “He’s kind of soured on Foles, and I don’t think he’s alone. The organization isn’t sold that he’s the guy going forward.”

While Roseman holds the title of G.M., coach Chip Kelly makes the call. And plenty of speculation remains that Kelly would love to find a way to finagle Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota.

I'm still getting the feeling this will come back to bite us in the ass, especially if we give up a haul for Mariota.

Edit: Also, Herremans to IR.

And in Hourston, Ryan Mallett is now the starter.

Edited by PatDaMan