2014 NFL Season

Dan

Fairly shocked the Chiefs would want to give up a home game, actually. Then again they're probably not too far off from having to start forcing teams to go over whether they want to or not especially with the rumors that the league will soon enough try to have 8 games a year there.

To be honest if they're hellbent on running a full season schedule in London I think they'd be better off just having the whole league go through there in 2 year cycles. Nobody has to go 2 years in a row, it'll evenly distribute which teams give up home games, the fans will get more variety, etc. I think that would be a better alternative than a permanent franchise which would surely wind up being a logistical nightmare.

Don't be. Apparently, the NFL started telling teams that if they want their stadium to be considered for future Super Bowls, they have to agree to play 1 home game in England

Yeah and KC has been lobbying hard to get the Super Bowl. Honestly this probably helps guarantee they get one soon.

He was right to some degree in his ranting about the Bengals giving up a lot, but that doesn't mean the Browns didn't take full advantage of it. They didn't make any mistakes on offense and capitalized on all the awful passes Dalton made, many of which were caused by the pass rush.

I still have no idea why the Bengals seemed to abandon the run game as soon as they were down like 11. The Browns have been one of the worst run defenses in the NFL this year and it was clear pretty early that Dalton wasn't going to be playing well yet still Hill only ended up with 12 carries. Even after he fumbled I'd still have kept trying to give him the rock.

(TO BE CLEAR ALL PASSER RATING STATISTICS ARE BASED ON 30 PASSES MINIMUM)

It's the worst passer rating in Bengals history (30 passes minimum). Let that sink in and consider that the Bengals drafted Akili Smith, David Klingler, Jack Thompson

It's the worst passer rating since 1983, so literally the worst game played by a QB in my lifetime.

It's the 4th worst passer rating of the Superbowl Era.

If Dalton threw 17 more passes last night and completed all 17 for 10 yards each with 2 TDs he'd still have a worse passer rating, completion % and YPA than Blaine Gabbert's average in Jacksonville.

If you added every pass Big Ben threw on his last 6 TD performance to Dalton's total from last night you'd still have a worse passer rating than the league average for the year.

If Dalton had spiked the ball in the turf for an incompletion on every passing attempt his passer rating would be 37 points higher than it was.

This is actually kind of impressive :shifty:

Edited by Hajjhowe
  • Like 1

Browns have a rougher 2nd half than the 1st half of their season was. They go to Buffalo and a bipolar Carolina team, host Indianapolis and Cincinnati, and close the season out in Baltimore which might wind up having the playoff hopes of both teams on the line. Their defense is playing great right now and they're getting Josh Gordon back at the right time. AFC North might truly be a division where last place is something like 9-7. Very exciting stuff to watch, all 4 teams have a great shot at getting playoff spots.

Baltimore is taking a big hit losing Jimmy Smith for the year. Secondary had no depth going into the year and it's lost its best player for the season.