2015 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

I quit watching First Take because I finally got fed up with the bullshit. But I just had to watch this morning to see what kind of crap they'd spew about the punishment. Stephen A. Smith lied (or was just plain wrong) out of the gate when he said no one takes any joy in this regarding Tom Brady's suspension. I'd say every person who is sick of Brady's smug arrogance and the Pats getting away with things has a ton of joy over this.

Both Stephen and Skip believe Brady lied, by the way. And Skip called it on the length of the suspension.

Where they disagree is the coach. Skip believe Belichick should have been suspended 8 games since he's essentially the CEO of the team. Stephen A. is against it since the investigation didn't implicate him. Personally, I think the loss of draft picks is punishment enough, since it will affect him.

And for the record, I'd dislike Brady no matter which team he was with. Its his attitude and personality I have disdain for, not his football skills.

I hated the Patriots before any of you did, because, well, it was a fumble, but even I don't hate Tom Brady. The dude is one of the greatest QBs of all-time, and I'm pretty sure he's earned himself some 'smug arrogance'. I don't even hate Belicheck, the dude can coach.

Robert Kraft can suck a bag of dicks, though. Worse than John Elway.

I think my favorite image that has come out of this is the picture of Brady being contrasted with Ray Lewis, Ben Roethlisberger, Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson and...Floyd Mayweather. Apparently Pats fans couldn't think of any other NFL players who murdered someone.

Hernandez technically got suspended indefinitely, not that it mattered since the Patriots released him about an hour after he got arrested. Also, he was (afaik) never publicly named a suspect in the 2012 Boston double murder until after Odin Lloyd was murdered. I could be wrong, but the whole history of sociopathy and shooting people came unraveled after the North Attleboro murder.

Lewis, Roeth., and soon Peterson all had NFL careers after their arrests - with the same team they were on.

I think I may have found something that perfectly embodies why I hate the majority of Patriots fans.

http://yourteamcheats.com/

Nothing says "persecution complex" like creating a massive index of every time every NFL team has been accused of cheating, in response to Tom Brady's suspension. This might be more pathetic than the GoFundMe.

That being said, all teams should aspire to be the Jaguars, as they are a shining beacon of virtue.

• Like 1

In terms of team success, Patriots fans are like the spoiled elite upper crust teenagers that live next to Vince McMahon in Greenwich. Jaguars fans are like an impoverished teen who balances school with a full-time job to help raise his orphaned little brother.

Edited by HeadChuck McGill
  • Like 2

I think I may have found something that perfectly embodies why I hate the majority of Patriots fans.

Nothing says "persecution complex" like creating a massive index of every time every NFL team has been accused of cheating, in response to Tom Brady's suspension. This might be more pathetic than the GoFundMe.

That being said, all teams should aspire to be the Jaguars, as they are a shining beacon of virtue.

Out of curiosity I read what they wrote about the Ravens. Harbaugh throwing the challenge flag for a free timeout being "cheating" wasn't actually cheating since he did it when there wasn't a rule against it. It's not cheating if it's not illegal, lol.

They really dug deep to find fault with a lot of these, it's hilarious.

I'm just glad that all 4 titles will be followed with "but" for all eternity.

Out of curiosity I read what they wrote about the Ravens. Harbaugh throwing the challenge flag for a free timeout being "cheating" technically wasn't cheating since he did it when there wasn't a rule against it. It's not cheating if it's not illegal, lol.

Who brings logic to a victimization rally?!

That is dumb as fuck. I read the Lions thing, and after the first two "cheating incidents" it was all old shit or minor shit being investigated against all 32 NFL teams. The Lions played rough for years, but it wasn't like it ignored. Suh was fined constantly, suspended, it wasn't like we were getting slaps on the wrist.

Yeah, NE fans are awful, I love how this site has their instances of cheating downgraded as being not all that bad. Yeah....

Its what I got to deal with for years. That is an embodiment of the attitude of soooooo many Pats fan. Always the victim, because everyone else is out to get their team, because they're jealous. It's kind of frightening how widespread that mindset is up there. A complete lack of accountability, a complete lack of humility.

I love being down in Texas where there was a collective shrug when the Pats won the Super Bowl, and another when this suspension was announced. Sadly, my facebook page still has far too many Pats fans, and I'm reminded of how this is the NFL equivalent of the holocaust, but worse, every time I sign on.

• Like 3

In terms of team success, Patriots fans are like the spoiled elite upper crust teenagers that live next to Vince McMahon in Greenwich. Jaguars fans are like an impoverished teen who balances school with a full-time job to help raise his orphaned little brother.

:lol:

:crying:

• Like 1

There was a shocking amount (2!) of articles on WEEI's page today, one carefully explained that while the Wells Report wasn't a great report, it still contained enough evidence to serve as proof. People commenting ignored the entire article and accused the writer of being a horrible liar who hates the Patriots and has no business writing for a New England sports site.

The second, more fun one, attempted to explain why people hate the Patriots. It gave credence to the idea that their success is a major reason for it, but then made several other great points, with examples, about how Patriots fans refuse to accept blame, are constant hypocrites by giving other teams shit for the things they do as well, and a few others. People commenting then proceeded to deny all of this, while simultaneous doing almost every thing the article mentions.

Its fair to say every fan base has its fair share of crazy, unhinged fans. Its becoming clear that those people make up the majority of Pats fans. They are the Fox News viewers of the NFL.

:lol:

:crying:

:({):

:pervert: