2016 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

Yeah, I believe the choice is now 1) Get him to sign at some point or 2) He goes unsigned and - I believe - he becomes eligible to be re-drafted next year? (I recall reading that on one of the NFL news sites).

Lions have released Steven Ridley.

We must really like Washington!

22 minutes ago, VerbalRick said:

Not surprising after seeing him getting reps with the third stringers. Glad they are apparently leaning toward keeping Washington.

From this, I'm assuming it is Washington vs Winn for the 4th RB spot. Washington should win - he's been quite impressive in the two pre season games. I'm also happy it means Zenner should have a spot! 

2 hours ago, Mofoticon said:

Mingo has been a colossal bust for the Browns and was unlikely to even make the team this year. Getting a 5th for him feels like a coup for the Browns.

I'm hoping the Pats can turn him around.  Maybe playing somewhere not a shitshow will help his career.

It does not sound like Tre Mason is doing well.

Where is Tre Mason? Not with the Rams, who said they hadn’t heard from their second-year running back since the end of last season, and placed him on the Reserve/Did Not Report list when he failed to show up at training camp on July 29. In recently released dashcam video from the Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office, Mason’s mother frets that football has ruined her son’s brain.

The video, first published by TMZ, chronicles Mason’s run-in with Palm Beach County (Fla.) sheriff’s deputies on July 27. Deputies spotted Mason allegedly riding his ATV at more than 80 mph, and he fled when they turned on their lights and sirens. Mason drove back to his mother’s house, and hid inside while deputies tried to coax him out.

Mason’s offseason points to some very real, scary problems. Police have visited his home at least five times, in response to calls from his family about his strange behavior. In one of those visits, on July 23rd, Mason was transported to the hospital and “admitted for evaluation”, after his mother reported he was “making irrational statements.” When police arrived, Mason accused them of teaching Al-Qaeda to fly planes, and said he would call the White House and have them lose their jobs.

http://deadspin.com/tre-masons-offseason-has-been-frightening-1785751180

Mingo is the Cris Collinsworth soundbyte "Can you believe the Patriots turned this guy around?" waiting to happen. That said the Browns are loaded up on picks and actually seem to have someone with an actual focus on how to rebuild and construct a good team, which would mean they've learned from the rest of their division.

False alarm, Romo seems fine, temporary back stiffness.  Meanwhile, Dak continues to impress and Zeke looks solid.  Not trying to make an absurd comparison this early into his career, but I will say his running style does remind me of Emmitt's. Gets low, uses his free hand to swat away arm tackles.

• Like 2