Football Manager 2017

Lineker

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

Diego Lemos? Sure that's the name of the Brazilian bloke who "bought" Morecambe then disappeared and turned out to have no money. You've dodged a bullet there, what a conman :shifty:

Oh fuck me, these regens really fuck with you. I fucking bought him as well, the little bastard just scored against Athletico Madrid in the CL quarter final. I'm gonna terminate his contract, the fucker.

• Like 1

Barrow 2020/21 and we lost in the EFL Cup Third Round to West Ham in a close match, so can't really fault a run that ends two rounds later than expected after beating two Championship teams and losing to another in a close match. We're 13 matches deep and in play-off contention at 6th. Can I manage back to back promotions with the club who still have the lowest attendance and wage in the league? :w00t:  (probably not)

Oh, and a rare occurrence is happening - I'm managing a team and we are making a large profit somehow.

EDIT : And we just thumped fellow promotion contenders Portsmouth to overtake them and move up two positions, and also reached the half way point on those 50 points to avoid relegation with about two thirds of the season to go :D

http://i.imgur.com/pBF75XT.png

• Like 4

Lost at home in November 2020 for the first time in the league (last loss was to Watford 1-0 in March 2017)

Norwich beat me 3-0 by scoring 3 screamers against the run of play....

Webbed feet nobheads :(

Not an update, but for Barrow 2020/21 I was a bit worried that me leaving at the end of the season regardless of where we end up might look bad on my resume for club interviews. Two clubs in five years isn't too bad, especially considering I've already achieved promotion with both of them and both were not considered promotion contenders. Even so, the turnover of jobs concerned me, so I thought I'd do a quick Google of the average manager length... and it's only 1.23 years in England. I'm above average and okay with that :w00t:

My plan at the start was to make a career game and not get too invested in any one club, but I think my next job will have to probably be a longer term situation with room for growth, as I want to try and make it to 10 years in the game at least, and I think three clubs in that time is probably a fair amount.

• Like 2

Barrow 2020/21 and Coventry job just became available. 32000 seater stadium, formerly Premier League team, okay finances, but they're 24th in the same league as me. Could be a risky jump. Do I apply, hold out and see what Championship jobs become available in the run up to Christmas, or see out the season?

Leeds job in Championship is looking very insecure at the minute and taking them back to the top could be a very interesting challenge, though Cellino is still in charge...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

Coventry's owners are worse than Leeds'. Not sure how up to speed the game is in terms of replicating it but they're trying to leave that stadium and build a smaller one, club's a total shambles.

Yeah decided against it. I have a chance at miracle promotion two seasons in a row, not going to swap that for a team in the same league just because it can grow whilst I'm still under contract.

Edit: Oh fuck, Middlesbrough job just became free...

Edit 2: Oh fuck, so did Ipswich and Leeds. I best get one of these :@

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

Yeah decided against it. I have a chance at miracle promotion two seasons in a row, not going to swap that for a team in the same league just because it can grow whilst I'm still under contract.

Edit: Oh fuck, Middlesbrough job just became free...

Edit 2: Oh fuck, so did Ipswich and Leeds. I best get one of these :@

Try and get an international job. After that it gets much easier to get bigger domestic jobs.

• Like 1

FM must have some sort of super jet transportation considering I've just had a warm up game with Senegal before the AFCON at 3pm before I've got to travel back to England for an FA Cup game against Shrewsbury at 7:45pm

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

FM must have some sort of super jet transportation considering I've just had a warm up game with Senegal before the AFCON at 3pm before I've got to travel back to England for an FA Cup game against Shrewsbury at 7:45pm

Probably Skype. Or hologram. 

4 hours ago, MDK said:

Probably Skype. Or hologram. 

I like to imagine that there's some Senegalese bloke wearing a paper mask of my face reading from a notepad that contains 4 phrases
 "wtf was that", "well in",  "for fucks sake" and "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS"

• Like 2