Football Manager 2017

Lineker

Just completed one of my proudest achievements to date on this FM save...

Beating Real Madrid and advancing to the Champions League final on away goals after drawing 2-2 on aggregate without my team actually scoring. A Bale own goal at their ground followed by a Ramos own goal at Anfield. 

• Like 1

Just now, Benji said:

I don't understand?

FIFA World Club Cup has only existed since 2000. Saying that Spurs haven't been in the final for 21 years isn't as impressive as saying 139 years while still being technically correct. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lineker said:

World Club Championship, iirc. Utd skipped the FA Cup that year to play in it.

That was the same thing but in a slightly different format. They rebooted it in 2005 in the current format but really it was the same thing.

• Like 1

2020-2021: Liverpool and Ivory Coast/Senegal

Won the Premier League again with Liverpool, making it 4 years in a run and finally overtaking United as the team with the most league titles :D
However, it is also my worst points total since my first season (79 that year) as I finished on 88. Won 28, drew 4, lost 6. I also went from scoring 124 goals last season to only scoring 90. So although I won the league, I've dropped a significant amount of goals which is a bit of a worry. 

Beat Juve 3-2 in a tight Champions League final making it 8 champions league trophies, 3 in 4 years!! Lost in the League Cup quarters to Chelsea 2-1 after a 90th minute goal and the FA Cup quarters to Spurs 3-2 in extra time after being 2-0 up. Won the Club World Cup and the Super Cup 

After guiding Senegal to the AFCON for the first time in history and subsequently leaving them as they got knocked out the World Cup qualifiers before I took them over, I left for Ivory Coast in which I won the u20's AFCON with Ivory Coast after taking over for the final to get an easy trophy...that is the only game alongside a 2-0 friendly win over Cape Verde in which I have managed for Ivory Coast :shifty:  Currently 14th in the world rankings with hte confederations cup coming up shortly. Top of my World Cup qualifying group with 4 games left to play. 

So overall for this season: Success once again in Europe and in the League but disappointing in the domestic cups. A drop in performance in terms of goals but a slightly better at the back. Some of the regens are starting to come through as well and have been dropping in and out of the team. 

========

In terms of FM, i'm now stuck as I'm really enjoying this save and loving all the regens and youngsters I've been bringing through but at the same time I feel like I need a change of pace. I'm thinking of doing a non-league game or an unemployed game...don't know what to do. Conflicted here. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

In terms of FM, i'm now stuck as I'm really enjoying this save and loving all the regens and youngsters I've been bringing through but at the same time I feel like I need a change of pace. I'm thinking of doing a non-league game or an unemployed game...don't know what to do. Conflicted here. 

Gibraltar is always a fun little challenge. The goal I set myself is to get as far into the qualifying for the Europa League as possible. I beat FC Mainz at home as Lincoln (GIB) 1-0... and then got stuffed in the return leg.