Football Manager 2017

Lineker

Barrow and Wales 2022/23. Transfer deadline day and half my squad now hates me because they got transfer offers I refused, and I didn't want to risk the wage budget giving them all increases with a year or more left on their contracts. Went to board expecting a final showdown that would result in me quitting because they weren't going to fund my wage budget, but they agreed first time of asking. So... thanks other teams for offering for my players so they get the wages they deserve, I guess?

48 minutes ago, DNB said:

So, what tactics does everyone use?

I've tried multiple different tactics from 4-4-2, to 4-3-2-1 etc, but I just can't seem to get it right. How in depth do you go with your tactics? 

Depends on your players. In my Spurs game I pretty much got rid of anyone who can play as a winger because I was concentrating on a 4-2-3-1 Narrow formation or a 4-2-3-1 Deep Narrow and occasionally playing a 4-1-2-1-2. All of these have bombing wingers. Retain possession, mixed passing, overlap, play out of defence.

I've only been able to get 4-4-2 to work in the lower leagues. 

28 minutes ago, DNB said:

I normally focus on getting strong passers with good stamina. Knock it about and move, or lots of pressing. Just need to find the best way to do it, ha! 

Try going narrow with lots of possession. Its my go-to >_>

• Like 1

Red Star Belgrade 2031/2032

After 16 years and 16 League victories I have finally won the Champions League with Red Star Belgrade in Serbia. It all just seemed to fall into place.
Having never made a final before, the boards expectation was to win the competition. But the best part was revealed to me after winning the Semi-Final.
The Final was going to be played at Rajko Mitic. My home Stadium! There was no way I was going to lose there. Even if it was against Man City. They had beaten me in our first 8 meetings. I just could not beat them. No matter the competition round. Final Score was 1-0

Won my 16th league with 58 points (points are halved after the preliminary stage of 30 matches. 7 matches are played after that). W-33 D-2 L-2 with goal difference of 115.

Just been ranked the number One team in the world. finally getting past Barcelona after sitting in 2nd the past few years. Real Madrid is the only other 5 Star team.

Serbia 2031/2032

Just about to start the UEFA European Football Championship. Italy (Current holders), Spain and Denmark. Expectation is to reach the Quarter Final.
                             Knocked out in the Semi by England 2-3
UEFA Nations League DIVB starts in September. Iceland and Poland are in my group.
Olympic Games Morocco 2032. Algeria, New Zealand & U.S.A. (U/23's) We could make a go at gold. U.S.A is firm favourite.

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

I wrote out a full thing of my formation and instructions and everything and it hasn't posted :/

17 minutes ago, Meacon said:

...I'm not the only one that can't see anything in Benji's last post, right?

Just like his players :shifty:

• Like 1