Football Manager 2017

Lineker

Not a bad option, are they very rich on FM? I did think about going to Peru or something and having a South American focused game instead of an European one. 

Unless this is your way of telling me to go east to the Orient....

3 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Unless this is your way of telling me to go east to the Orient....

I wouldn't be so mean.

Some of the clubs must be pretty rich because I've had a few clubs making silly bids for my players. Wanyama went for 30mil.

Managed to snag promotion with Barrow, came second (not bad for a team predicted for relegation), which was where I sat almost the entire second half of the season, could never quite gain the consistency to mount a proper challenge on Orient who won the title @MDK. We have a LOT of rebuilding ahead, because even despite coming second, most of my squad is "leading player for Vanarama National" and we're now two leagues about that in League One.

So I decided to out and see what was available for when the transfer window opens again...

http://i.imgur.com/kM7VaiC.png

... this could be interesting :shifty:

• Like 3

Just now, Benji said:

Managed to snag promotion with Barrow, came second, which was where I sat almost the entire second half of the season, could never quite gain the consistency to mount a proper challenge on Orient who won the title @MDK. We have a LOT of rebuilding ahead, because even despite coming second, most of my squad is "leading player for Vanarama National" and we're now two leagues about that in League One.

So I decided to out and see what was available for when the transfer window opens again...

http://i.imgur.com/kM7VaiC.png

... this could be interesting :shifty:

Now we know how unrealistic this game is.

Orient winning?!

• Like 4

Don't think I done an update on my 4th season apart from when West Ham ended my 59 game unbeaten streak in the Prem so here's what happened in the nutshell

Prem: 
Finished top again this time with 93 points (3 less than last time) with a record of 30 won, 3 drawn and 5 losses. Scored 124 goals and conceded 35. 
Origi scored 36 in 29 games, Clyne had most asssits in the league with 20. 

FA Cup:
Knocked out the 6th round after extra time by fucking West Ham 4-3 after extra time in which I was 3-0 up...

League Cup:
Beat City in the final 4-0 after extra time.

Champions League:
Beat Barca 4-0 in the final.

Transfers:
Sold Cristian Pavon to Benfica for 30mil rising to 40mil and Wijnaldum moved back to Newcastle for 17mil. 

International management:
Took over the Spain job after the 2018 World Cup and I had a stinker of a Euros...Advanced top of the group with 1 win and 2 draws and got beat by Germany 2-0 in the 1st knockout round...resulting in me being sacked. However, I am now the Senegal manager and hope to qualify for the AFCON and win it. 

This Season:
Plenty of outgoings so far, I sold Mane to PSG for 50mil rising to 60mil after he got a cob on over me rejecting a bid and saying he could get higher wages. So I thought fuck it, get a bucket load of cash for him and Redmond can step up to be a starter and one of my youth players can become backup. Calumn Chambers who I signed as backup right back from relegated Everton last season for 9mil I have sold on to Southampton for 13mil rising to 20mil. Again one of my regens will move to become backup right back. I sold Ojo as he was never going to break into the team and managed to get 10mil for him. The only other major outgoing was Gnabry who I decided to sell to Spurs for 24.5mil rising
to 35mil as I signed Draxler on a bosman.

This season I lost the community shield again this time to Man Utd 1-0 but I beat City 3-1 in the Super Cup. Currently top of the league with 3 wins out of 4 as I lost to Bournemouth away 2-1 after rotating the whole team ahead of playing Bayern in the Champions League in which I beat them 1-0. 

I've got some good regens who I've been loaning out with a handful occasionally playing in the league so the future is even brighter. I might start a new game after this season as hopefully if I win the league this season I'll over take Man Utd as having won the most leagues as we are both currently tied on 21. But at the same time I've gotten attached to the team I have and all the youngsters I've got coming through. 

This might be a silly question but do young players get taller? The youngest players in the game are 15, right? So surely they can grow a little bit before they hit 17 or whatever. I have never noticed it.

3 hours ago, Just Ghost said:

All for paying tribute to Lineker at Italia 90. 

IqH69on.gif

• Like 1

Fucking fans are retarded.  Must still be using lead pipes for the water in North East London.

And I quote:

"Hope those wasted chances don't come back to bite us later in the season if goal difference comes into play...  #TottenvsRealM"

I don't suppose they will because IT WAS THE KNOCKOUT PART OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, YOU FUCKING SPANNER.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Barrow 2020/21 and we're 10 points in the first four games with no losses, plus we knocked out Derby from the league above in the EFL Cup First Round... and we're once again predicted bottom of the table at 700-1.

Yeah but did you sign Rooney? :(

• Like 1

Just starting my fourth season in my LLM game with Wealdstone. Season one finish Midtable in the VNLSth and then went on to win in my second season above expectations.

Now my expectations are to avoid relegation in the VNL and finished 12th last season missing a playoff spot by 5 points. This season I am currently sitting in 4th with 3 wins and a loss. Knowing my luck, I'll finish upper mid table.

I'll probably float around here until I get a better job offer. We'll see.

• Like 1

Barrow 2020/21 we also beat Huddersfield from the league above in the EFL Cup. Then reality set in as we lost to Liverpool U23s in the Checkatrade Trophy 3-1 (to be fair, two of them were own goals, and they had Daniel Sturridge as one of their designated over 23s), and 4-2 to Port Vale back in League 1.

Forgot to mention I had tried to jump ship in the summer to Reading (Championship), Atlanta (MLS), and LA Galaxy (MLS), the former two offered me interviews but both went with other options. Bit miffed because there's not a lot of growth left in Barrow. With only a 5000 seater stadium after renovation (that we only fill to about 70% at most), we're still by far the smallest club in League 1. We've also got the lowest wage bill in the division (presumably because the board think we're going back down), which made bringing in good enough players a struggle (even now I had to settle for a lot of leading League 2 players rather than League 1 quality). I think regardless of how this season turns out I am probably going to call it there at the end of my contract, even if it means only jumping sideways to another League 1 club who has better chances of growing or will at least give me more freedom.

• Like 1

The board are stupid.

"We don't think the transfer deal for Diego Lemos represents a good deal for us"

It was £6mil for a Uruguayan youngster who is already good enough for the first team, has the potential to be brilliant for the club, he's only 20, plays as an advanced playmaker but is 6'3 and can easily be a targetman as well... Right now I could probably sell him for twice that, easily. Tell me, how is this a bad deal? 

• Like 1