Football Manager 2017

Lineker

Started off okay with Stockport in The Conference Premier. 23 games played so we're half-way in, We were as high as 8th in the early stages of the season and went undefeated in seven at one point but then our form has seen us struggling to pick up points. Currently on 30 points and 11 clear of the relegation zone so I should be happy but we've thrown some results away and struggled against the teams we should probably be beating.The aim is to stay up so I'll be happy if that's achieved but I'm going to have to do well transfer wise in January or in the Summer to improve things as a lot of the players are on two year contracts as none of them were interested in a year extension or only being here one season. My First Choice Keeper has just picked up a concussion so he's going to be missing in games where I'm expecting to be under constant attack so not Ideal. 

Harry Kane can do one

Me: You were shit last game so I'm just giving you a slight bollocking
Kane: I had an excellent game
Me: You cant be serious you doe eyed sack of shit, lispy, Romford mong. You got a 6.2.
Kane: Oh right, sorry.

• Like 3

Rudiger wanted to leave to go to PSG because they could offer more wages. I said to him if you want a payrise you can have one (he was immense last season tbf)

He takes offence to the fact that I said I'd give him more money. 

Wtf Rudiger.....fortunately he stopped having a cob on after about a week. 

48 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

Rudiger wanted to leave to go to PSG because they could offer more wages. I said to him if you want a payrise you can have one (he was immense last season tbf)

He takes offence to the fact that I said I'd give him more money. 

Wtf Rudiger.....fortunately he stopped having a cob on after about a week. 

That kind of thing really pisses me off. One of the good things about getting a hard Brexit is that there are no Bosmans, so you can let a player languish in the reserves and he cant get a free transfer, mwahahaha.

I always have players handing in requests because I keep rejecting offers for them. I don't care if they'll give me $50,000,000. Your ass is mine!

One week after window closes they retract their requests. I'll accept your transfer request and keep rejecting. I don;t care.

• Like 2

My record ended at 59 games unbeaten in the Prem. 

Following a 3-3 draw against Man City opening day away in which I blew  3-1 lead, I smashed Tottenham 5-1 at home and then lost to fucking West Ham 2-1.... which was a flattering score as I got a pen in the 89th minute and got well and truly battered. 

Bastards :(

1 hour ago, Davidmarrio said:

My record ended at 59 games unbeaten in the Prem. 

Following a 3-3 draw against Man City opening day away in which I blew  3-1 lead, I smashed Tottenham 5-1 at home and then lost to fucking West Ham 2-1.... which was a flattering score as I got a pen in the 89th minute and got well and truly battered. 

Bastards :(

Wet Spam, you should be ashamed.

• Like 1

Ended up Finishing 14th with Stockport, I should be pleased with that given we were expected to finish just above the drop zone but I'm not. Form has been incosistent, at one point I went ten games unbeaten and again looked like making a playoffs push but one defeat and it all went to pot. Manged to get a win after a poor run which guaranteed safety with 8 games left, failed to win any of the remaining games, even got a 4-1 stuffing off Dover who were in the relegation zone as well as a 2-2 Draw against Boston United on the last day, they were already down and we managed to pull back after being 2-0 down. Finding it nigh on impossible to shift the players I don't use or want due to having to give them two year deals, they'll be gone in a year but probably means I'm going to have to settle for consolidating this year and shifting the dead weight in the summer as I can't afford to just terminate contracts. Got some interest in the players I want gone via loan so trying to get them out with wages paid til their contract is up.  

30 minutes ago, Benji said:

We're British, we bag our own groceries, thank you very much :angry:

Yeh but we fucking hated it when we found out we'd be paying 5p per bag. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, MDK said:

Whitehawk Manager: Tottenham and Dumny aren't as good as they think they are.
Me: We stuffed you 4-0 with my reserve team. On a potato field. Bugger off.

Whitehawk is a shithole though; their manager probably has a Chelsea smile.