Football Manager 2017

Lineker

Got fed up with my Scottish game after my board accepted an offer for the replacement of the guy that they accepted the offer for. Fuckers, so I quit and went to Partick Thistle and got bored.

So, I started up a Spurs game. Still going with the battering ram formation and I signed Fabregas... who promptly scored a goal on his debut in the first game of the season against, who else, Chelsea!

On 21/12/2016 at 03:34, Arjen Robben said:

A4tI6iv.jpg

Guys, I think one of my scouts is Brian Kendrick.

That's Lutz Pfannensteil, if anyone should have maxed out scouting coverage, it's him.

• Like 1

Chelsea have had an interesting 2 seasons and a half to say the very least on my Liverpool game.

Season 1:
Finished 12th with 49 points. Won 15, Drew 4, Lost 19 with a goal difference of -2. 
Lost the League Cup final to Southampton 2-0
Knocked out by Barnsley in the FA Cup 4th round 2-1 at Stamford Bridge
Signed Brozovic from Inter for £31.5mil rising to £39mil
Conte sacked on 10th December with Marcelo Bielsa replacing him on the 22nd December

Season 2:
Finished 12th with 50 points. Won 13, Drew 11, Lost 14 with a goal difference of -4 
Knocked out of the League Cup in the 3rd round by Watford on pens
Knocked out of the FA Cup quarter finals by Norwich 3-2
Hazard left to go to Man City for £50mil
Daley Blind, Ruben Duarte, Ruben Semendo, James McCarthy, Ante Coric and Nikola Vlasic join for a combined £98mil
Bielsa sacked on 16th December with Roberto Mancini replacing him on the 28th December

Season 3 (so far): 
Sold Kante to Monaco for £35.5mil rising to £50mil to Monaco
Sold Courtouis to Arsenal for £20.5mil rising to £28.5mil 
Signed Roberto Rosales, Alen Halilovic, Andre Horta and Geronimo Rulli for a combined £82mil 
Mancini sacked on 15th December with Hubert Fournier (OGC Nice manager) replacing him on the 28th December
Knocked out of the League Cup in the 3rd round by Arsenal 1-0
Currently 17th in the Prem after 19 games with a total of 16 points. Won 2 (Both away from home at West Ham and Watford), Drew 10 (7 of these have been at home) and lost 7. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

I find that Guardiola never seems to manage to do anything with City either. And Everton are always shite.

I've not been able to get that far in any save on this game for some reason, but this happened last year as well. I don't think I ever saw Pep last longer than 18 months - and even then that was a surprise. He's usually gone after 250-300 days.

2 hours ago, MDK said:

Does anyone use a Wide Target Man or Ramdueter?

I play Berahino as a Ramdueter. When Mane was injured in my second season I played Berahino there and again this season with Mane and Redmond both injured I'm playing him as a Ramdeuter. Seems to work pretty well as he's got the pace for quick counters, picks up a couple of goals and can stretch the defence. Clyne has managed to get a few assists this season due to Berahino drifting inside leaving the space for Clyne to whip a cross in. 

1 hour ago, Arjen Robben said:

I find that Guardiola never seems to manage to do anything with City either. And Everton are always shite.

Yeh Everton got relegated 1st season after Big Sam failed to turn around their fortunes. Barkley fucked off to Watford, McCarthy to Chelsea, Lukaku to Arsena (essentially most of the team fucked off apart from Ashley Williams, Leighton Baines, Coleman, Mirallas l. They finished 2nd in the Championship but atm they are 19th (still got more wins than Chelsea this season though). 

Guardiola finished 4th first season, got knocked out the champions league qualifiers in the 2nd season and got sacked in December in the second season. 

Just starting my tenth season at Red Star in Serbia.
Won my first continental trophy, picking up the Europa League after a 2-1 victory over Juventus. followed up at the start of this season with a Super Cup win over PSG (3-2 in extra time)
Won 9 League Titles, 18 Cup (National & Super Kup) and I've also earned the Manager of the Year award 9 times thus far.
I don't think I'd be too far off having an all regen team.

Wouldn't a wide target man need both aerial ability and a whole lot of pace and be natural in AML/AMR? I imagine there's not many who could play that position very well from the get-go.

I'm playing a network game ATM with RB Leipzig and Yussuff Poulsen looks like he'd be ideal for it.

Hah, I never realised if you add a comment during a press conference and it is picked as the comment the next day it will say "... before launching into a string of expletives, saying" :lol: 

5 hours ago, TCO said:

Wouldn't a wide target man need both aerial ability and a whole lot of pace and be natural in AML/AMR? I imagine there's not many who could play that position very well from the get-go.

If you are playing it on the deck you could use a winger that is strong, good intelligence and good passing I guess.