Football Manager 2017

Lineker

6 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

It seems as if managing a university side was a step too high.

I'm putting it down to them being an amateur club. Just signed a new contract. and this time I'm getting paid!
Northern Ireland! Here I come!!!

3 hours ago, Meacon said:

I like it, because it's exactly how I imagine Twitter to be. You could win every match and the people of the internet will still doubt you.

Exactly.  It's pretty much spot on in regards to a football fan on twitter. 

Doesn't matter if I've won 4 league titles in a row or 3 champions league trophies in 5 seasons, there's gonna be someone saying I'm a shit manager. 

End of the first season of my Spurs career and Wenger became the DoF or something. Over the next 5 seasons or so Arsenal have had a few managers, most notably Klopp and I think Pep, I cant remember off the top of my head. And so I play Arsenal for the first time in the current season, season 6, and lo and behold Wenger is back in charge.

So, @Benji is a tactical genius. With his tactics I've managed to get a double promotion, with a mixture of free transfers and loans. I've since sacked most of my rubbish league 2 staff and replaced them with an improved group of staff. Started well in the championship, but my squad is THIN! So If I have injuries, I could be screwed. 

3 hours ago, DNB said:

So, @Benji is a tactical genius. With his tactics I've managed to get a double promotion, with a mixture of free transfers and loans. I've since sacked most of my rubbish league 2 staff and replaced them with an improved group of staff. Started well in the championship, but my squad is THIN! So If I have injuries, I could be screwed. 

Do you have a senior affiliate club? Its a good way to get decent players in for a season or two.

4 hours ago, DNB said:

I've missed it. Where are @Benji's tactics posted?

On 03/03/2017 at 14:16, Meacon said:

I like it, because it's exactly how I imagine Twitter to be. You could win every match and the people of the internet will still doubt you.

I had a game where Marvin Sordell scored 4 goals (the 7th in 3 games) and two...TWO! of the twitter comments where 'Sordell...don't rate him' WHAT!?

that being said, I finally settled on a game to play. I went low league but not two low, my games never last more than 4 seasons so I figured i'd give myself a head start. Into League 1 and Coventry. Nice solid squad if a little bloated in areas for my liking.

Had a good season, never hit top of the table and by new year we were top/mid table, managed to break into the playoff positions with a great series of matches, until i got into 2nd place. Queue a 6 game streak of 2 draws and 4 loses. no idea what happened just lost two teams below us in the league, twice by more than 3 goals....stupid game. Reworked the team, stabilised and pushed into the last 3 games of the season with an actual chance of A) winning the League or B) Finishing second, however even with 3 wins I would need top placed MK Dons & 2nd Place Peterborough to both drop two games to have a chance of clinching top spot.

Manged three wins on the bounce which was great but results elsewhere didn't go in our favour and ended up finish 3rd. Bum clinch moment twice, in the 1st of three when MK Dons went 2-0 down to 8th place Sheffield only to win 3-2 in the last 30 mins.... and by the last game I was tied on points with Oxford (who beat Peterborough who then lost & drew 1) knocking them into 4th) but I needed Oxford to concede or for me to score one more goal to put me into second. Playoff final saw us beat Peterborough 3-1 and into the championship.

Genuinely enjoyed the League One season and I think the club was the right choice, just enough 'trouble' to make it interesting while still having name value to take them back to greatness.

So I loaded up my United game for the first time since before Christmas - haven't really had the time and other games have taken priority. Instantly got reminded why I took the break though. The previous match was a 4-0 derby loss to City, and I have Ibra, Tony and Memphis out with long term injuries.

Anyway, a Europa game with PAOK was fast approaching so I played that and won 2-0, nice and comfortable, but had Liverpool and OT coming up 3 days later. Ended up dominating the match and did everything but score, then Wijnaldum gets a 92nd minute winner after Rashford missed 2 great chances at the other end. Fuck you, game, and fuck you @Davidmarrio and @Tetsuya Nerfo. :@

Just won the league with United, Martial scored 34 equalling Andy Cole's record for goals in a Premier League season and beating Dennis Violet's United record from way back in the 50s. He has 51 in 58 for the season and we won the EFL Cup as well.

Europa League final to come - against a West Ham side that came 4th - ahead of City, Liverpool and Chelsea - and also knocked me out of the FA Cup at the semis.

• Like 1

On 07/03/2017 at 20:40, 9 to 5 said:

I just can't get into this game at all. Probably more down to me than anything. Think I will try a Leicester game. <_<

Holiday the game for the 1st season, then decide on a team to play based on the results. I find when i'm stuck that might give a bit of 'variation' to starting a game.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing a network game with some friends, and I won't fuck about, it's gone terribly because I'm 20th with Leicester at the start of January.

So I've gone a bit mad and signed Michael Keane for a potential £422m and he's now valued at £222m

9D5vkTt.png

YX8aU0N.png

The Ric Flair regime does not mess around.

t8m9oIO.png
(hideous)

• Like 4