Football Manager 2017

Lineker

I reloaded my Spurs game after ages of not bothering and I wonder why I stopped. I've got a great squad and I'm continuing the Boss Poch style of trusting the kids with a few regens and youth players getting into the first team. But my rule of NO WINGERS AT ALL will forever be in place.

Meh, as has been said there's a really easy workaround to fix the fake names and fake players. So this changes nothing for me.

I'd rather they you know, fix the shit transfer ai (sign a player to sell it for less 3 weeks later), or the shoddy newgen AI that ensures there will never be any inside forwards, sweeper keepers, or other 'different' type of positions other than the most basic ones in the game. Or any of the other craptonne of issues the game series has had for years now.

I will only get interested when they announce, I dunno, the NASL and someone eventually makes additional leagues download for Ireland. Which, I guess, anyone could already do but I don't wanna :shifty:

2 hours ago, Hobo said:

I will only get interested when they announce, I dunno, the NASL and someone eventually makes additional leagues download for Ireland. Which, I guess, anyone could already do but I don't wanna :shifty:

https://fm-space.com/football-manager-2016/new-leagues/irish-lower-leagues-for-fm-2016/

Took me about 3 seconds to google

I had a real "sweep the leg" moment when switching team instructions to "shoot on sight" when Jake Livermore had to go in goal for West Brom after Ben Foster broke his arm on eighty minutes. 2-1 down when Livermore goes in, win 3-2 with a volley from twenty-five yards that shouldn't have gone in, and a final minute goal after Livermore pushes a cross into Jordan Ayew's head.

Edited by Gorka
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Gorka said:

I had a real "sweep the leg" moment when switching team instructions to "shoot on sight" when Jake Livermore had to go in goal for West Brom after Ben Foster broke his arm on eighty minutes. 2-1 down when Livermore goes in, win 3-2 with a volley from twenty-five yards that shouldn't have gone in, and a final minute goal after Livermore pushes a cross into Jordan Ayew's head.

*wipes tear from eye* beautiful tactics.

And exactly the reason I always keep a sub keeper on the bench and don't make my last sub until well late into the game.

For the first time on any FM game I decided to stop putting a goalkeeper on the bench. I mean, I've got some great outfield players who can't get game time and I don't remember the last time I had a goalkeeper get injured or sent off so it makes sense. Next game, my goalkeeper gets a wrist injury. 

• Like 6

Honestly, unless the game has 5 subs max I put my goalie on the bench. I've only ever needed to use him once in like 5 seasons (goalie getting sent off whilst leading 4-0 >_>), but especially in the Dutch league I had 12 fucking subs anyways. I could put the entire senior squad on the bench anyways.

With Frankfurt, I got 7 subs but the same goes. I can get enough done with 6 subs and adequate rotation of pieces in and out of the squad to keep everyone happy and also get the kids some proper run out throughout the season.

Just now, MDK said:

What?!

Starting in 16/17, Eredivisie and Jupiler League rules went from allowing 7 players to 12 players to be sat on the bench for games. Still three subs max, but basically it was done to allow teams to place more youth on their bench so they could play in situations (when wins/losses were pretty much certain)

For some reason it wasn't extended to the cup ties, which still has 7 max bench players.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Starting in 16/17, Eredivisie and Jupiler League rules went from allowing 7 players to 12 players to be sat on the bench for games. Still three subs max, but basically it was done to allow teams to place more youth on their bench so they could play in situations (when wins/losses were pretty much certain)

For some reason it wasn't extended to the cup ties, which still has 7 max bench players.

God damn.

Just now, MDK said:

God damn.

Basically they saw what the Serie A was doing and decided to emulate it. And seeing how youth-conscious the Dutch are, it's something that was lauded.

Although in FM17 it can cost you quite a bit money if you don't watch out and put starters on the bench who have those bench app fees. So when you're rotating always opt for kids instead.

• Like 2