Football Manager 2017

Lineker

8 hours ago, MadJack said:

For a moment I didn't see the 'p/a' part of that wage and was wondering what on earth was going on at Arsenal paying that player 275k a week.

I find it easier to use p/a for some reason 

1 hour ago, MDK said:

I find it easier to use p/a for some reason 

It puts things in a sortof horrifying perspective for me. That's not that good a player and he's earning £275k in a year, more than I probably would in 10 years. Applying that to the real game (and I've no doubt there's average players on that and even more) and I start to think that football as a whole has far too much fucking money, rather than just the very big clubs. >_>

Much discontent at Parkvilla. Pascal Feindouno is rotting in the reserves (since I'm using a league expansion he gets to play regularly for our B team in the glorious Leinster Senior Division 1B) because he got mad at me for not playing him... when last season ended. Karlan Ahearne-Grant also got annoyed at not being played regularly and is off to Limerick FC for 1.1 million. There are also a few other players who aren't happy they're not being played a lot. Mostly, people, I bought in a rush because the squad needed players and now I have better players. Sorry, DJ Campbell, you can't compete with Will Keane who is averaging a goal a game this season.

But on the plus-side we're 15 points clear at the top of the table.

I'd recommend getting something with a decent processor and RAM. Graphics aren't really an issue with FM.

Also worth looking into a laptop with a solid state drive (SSD) rather than a standard hard drive (HDD). It's a lot faster at processing data, so FM will be exponentially faster. I've had it installed on both my HDD and SDD, and I really notice the difference with the latter.

Stupid Waterford Utd ended my 26 match unbeaten run. Over a year after they were the last team to beat us. 

In the middle of the 2016 summer transfer window and I've had to let players go. Galway and Dundalk are snooping around my goalkeeper. It's making things interesting.

8 hours ago, db07 said:

So I've been playing FM16 a bit lately, so I caved at it being 80% off

Try starting up with this mod:

https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/31536/fm2017-all-players-with-variable-potential-abilities

It varies the potential abilities so that you get different wonderkids and all that each save. I would but I'm nearly 10 years into a Spurs save >_>