Football Manager 2017

Lineker

2 minutes ago, Rooney! said:

Every league should implement that, you should be allowed to put the whole squad on the bench in my opinion. I can't see many (any?) other sports that don't do it.

Yeah honestly I don't see the reason to not give teams the options to slot 12 people onto the bench. The amount of subs allowed stays the same, and if teams can't or don't want to take more with them they have never been forced to take the maximum amount.

Ultimately it's a good thing for football, since it allows more players to potentially see game time if the game's situation permits, and with teams in like the BPL being stacked with foreign talent, it can certainly help if it allowed those 5 extra spots to be filled with local talent if need be.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Right click the image in imgur, copy the address, paste the address. If you're unlucky or too quick, you get a 'blob' link and you need to refresh the imgur site.

Perfect, thanks.

Anyway, fuck you Monaco
Pf8GgaI.jpg

• Like 1

Because my Spurs team is a little on the young side, Harry Kane at 29 being the oldest starter, I've decided to bring in some old heads. Isco (30), Biscuits (34) and Bale (33) have joined. Biscuits is playing well in a DLP role, Isco is doing okay but I'm playing him slightly out of position and Bale hasn't played yet because I bought him while he was injured. Well, at 600k it was worth a punt AND you can put in an injury release clause. Didn't know about that. 

Just now, Troy said:

And will be until the end of time.

Its gone like this:

Manager > Director of Football > Caretaker Manager > Interim Manager > Manager

I didn't even know you could get interim manager.

56 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I've seen conflicting opinions, so I thought I'd see what people here think. Is there value in having separate home and away tactics or just tweaking the same tactic? Is it best to keep them the same?

Personally i have two, three tactics. But mostly with minor changes...

E.g. dropping the wingers lower, or a midfielder to DM, and so on. Maybe a mentality here or there.

Most useful i find is general mentality, and changing that accordingly. Playing attack/control at home, counter/defense away, or basically changing it on the fly can make a difference...

Like if I'm having high possession I often switch to attack, it lowers my percentage but it'll often makes thing happen, regardless of home/away.

Opposite goes for having low possession, switching to counter and mixed/direct passimg can make those few possessions a lot more dangerous.

I feel mentality makes a much bigger difference than formation on match results.

• 2 weeks later...

Reinstalled FM16 and decided to load up about a dozen Irish teams with money to see how that works out. I dished out the money based on population size. So Dublin (Shamrock Rovers and Bohemians), Cork, Galway, Limerick, Waterford, Drogheda, Dundalk and Navan (Parkvilla - who I often edit in because they're the most local team to me in game)

At present Irish teams are in the top richest clubs in the world now in game.

The transfer market is inflating slowly. Mostly young Irish players from Football League teams. Cork City signed Callum O'Dowda for 1.1 million! And a few Irish players currently in the NASL seem to have been bought on frees or for very low fees. Paddy McCarthy has joined Shamrock Rovers from Crystal Palace.

Although I've realized that I haven't given Parkvilla, the club I was planning to manage, as equal finance as the rest. I managed to set it up so other teams got much larger cash injections from sponsorship than mine does. I also am spending the most. I spent 7million on Joseph Dodoo from Leicester and barely play him. :shifty:

Although looking at the rankings it's pretty much shaking out by location with Dublin, Cork and Galway heading the way.

Richguys.png

• Like 1